Tim Schofield

Feb 25, 2021, 11:48:13 AM2/25/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

I see that AtoM 2.6.2 still uses Adobe Flash Player for uploading images. If you click the download link you get sent to an Adobe page which says they no-longer support the player. Have you any plans to replace this dependency?

Regards

Tim Schofield

Rogério de Souza Farias

Feb 25, 2021, 12:32:54 PM2/25/21
to AtoM Users
I am having the same problem.

Dan Gillean

Feb 25, 2021, 3:21:16 PM2/25/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tim and Rogério,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and delay. The short answer is: yes, we are aware of this issue, and we have a replacement multiuploader that will be included in the upcoming 2.6.3 release. This release is taking a bit longer than we had hoped to finalized, but is on its way. I've previously provided updates and announcements on this in the following threads:
The replacement uploader has just been merged into our main development branch in this commit:
There was more work to integrate the chosen replacement library than anticipated, as well as back and forth and updates required during the code review process, that have forced us to push back our original release timeline. Now that the code has been merged, it is the last major change we need to test before we can push all of the bug fixes to our stable/2.6.x branch, do some regression testing, and prepare a tarball for public release.

In the meantime, this thread provides a number of suggestions for ways to bulk import digital objects until the 2.6.3 release is finalized:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056