sergio...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 6:21:18 AM6/14/22
to AtoM Users
Hi , I have  a document with the ISBN to preserve in archivematica and publish in AtoM. Can you address me how to manage the ISBN in order to  display this ISBN value in AtoM? In details I would like to know the metadata label that is associated to the ISBN.  Tipically I create the metadata.csv with Dublin core values that are trasferred by Archivematica and then  passed to AtoM.
Regards,. Sergio

Dan Gillean

Jun 14, 2022, 9:50:40 AM6/14/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Sergio,

As far as I'm aware, currently only DC simple elements will appear in AtoM when included as metadata in an Archivematica AIP. There is a basic mapping in the Archivematica documentation here, which I believe would also apply to object metadata added to a metadata.csv file:
For more information and recommendations on metadata in Archivematica, I would suggest starting a thread in the Archivematica forum.

However, looking at the DCMI documentation, I think the DC Identifier would fit your needs:

Definition: An unambiguous reference to the resource within a given context.
Comment: Recommended practice is to identify the resource by means of a string conforming to an identification system. Examples include International Standard Book Number (ISBN), Digital Object Identifier (DOI), and Uniform Resource Name (URN). Persistent identifiers should be provided as HTTP URIs.

This will display in all AtoM templates as the identifier following import.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 6:21 AM sergio...@gmail.com <sergio...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi , I have  a document with the ISBN to preserve in archivematica and publish in AtoM. Can you address me how to manage the ISBN in order to  display this ISBN value in AtoM? In details I would like to know the metadata label that is associated to the ISBN.  Tipically I create the metadata.csv with Dublin core values that are trasferred by Archivematica and then  passed to AtoM.
Regards,. Sergio

sergio...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 7:57:44 AM6/15/22
to AtoM Users
you are so kind, Dan. Your suggestion is very useful because  I have initially thought there were a specific metadata for this iSBN number. I apologise for my question.
Kind regards.
Sergio