DIP files were not shown correctly when upgraded to 2.5.3

yohashimo...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2020, 3:35:05 PM1/26/20
to AtoM Users
Hello everyone,

I am using AtoM 2.5.3 on Ubuntu 18.04 and Archivematica 1.9.2 on VirtualBox.
I was uploading 4 objects on Archivematica server to Archival Description on AtoM, these objects were not shown correctly on the targeted description.
One of the objects became 4 items on the description as untitled though I gave names to the objects on Archivematica server.
This error occurred when using AtoM 2.5.3.
I checked /tmp directory on AtoM and found the same files as on Archivematica, but some standard errors might happen in the process of "Upload DIP" there.
I also read Bug #13109 (https://projects.artefactual.com/issues/13109) and rewrote /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service as #17 of the bug ticket showed.

I attached the screenshots of the standard error message and the AtoM description. Please give me any advice.

Thank you in advance.
Yo Hashimoto

atomerror0124-1.png
error0124-1.png

José Raddaoui

Feb 6, 2020, 10:55:06 AM2/6/20
to AtoM Users
Hi Yo Hashimoto,

As you may have noticed, the AM error is more a reporting problem than an actual issue on the DIP upload. For the "Untitled" descriptions, AtoM 2.5.3 addressed a similar issue for uploads from Archivematica 1.10, the fix is supposed to be backwards compatible but I wonder if that's not the case. If the DIP you tried has no sensitive information, would it be possible for you to share it with me? The METS file may be enough if you can't share the entire DIP. Feel free to send it to my personal email.

Best regards.

raddao...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2020, 6:54:25 AM2/26/20
to AtoM Users
For others that may find this issue ...

Followed with Yo via email and there is an incompatibility between Archivematica 1.9.2 and AtoM 2.5.3 due to the use of two different PREMIS versions on the METS file. The issue has been reported in the following ticket:

As noted in there, upgrading to Archivematica 1.10 may be a solution to it.

Thank you for reporting and sorry for the troubles, Yo.

Monica Wood

Feb 26, 2020, 5:42:33 PM2/26/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

We are having issues also. We are on AM 1.10.1 and AtoM 2.4.1.  The METS file shows the two PREMIS version namespaces.

It is uploading the same digital object for each description.

Monica Wood

Library Systems

University of Tasmania

José Raddaoui

Feb 27, 2020, 8:38:29 AM2/27/20
to AtoM Users
Thanks Monica,

I don't know what causes the two PREMIS versions on the METS file, I thought it wouldn't happen in AM 1.10 but I was wrong. Nevertheless, AtoM should be able to work with that so we'll try to address the issue in the next release. I'll share a link to the fix in here as soon as we have it for those able to cherry-pick it to their instances.

Bests regards,
Radda.

Karl Goetz

Mar 13, 2020, 12:49:42 AM3/13/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Was this given a tracking issue we're able to reference?

thanks,
Karl.

Mar 13, 2020, 12:32:34 PM3/13/20
to AtoM Users