Release 2.7.1 available now

Jennifer Roberts

Jan 12, 2023, 3:45:08 PM1/12/23
to AtoM Users
Hello AtoM community!

We have just released 2.7.1 which is primarily to resolve how the Bootstrap 5 assets had been packaged in the 2.7.0 release a few weeks ago.  It also includes some minor security patches.

If you want to use the new BS5 theme that is part of 2.7, please install this new version.

Details on the release page of the wiki.

--
Kind regards,

Jenn Roberts (she/her)
Systems Archivist, Business Development Team

Chris Selwyn

Jan 19, 2023, 6:04:26 AM1/19/23
to AtoM Users
I notice that the schema version number (192) is the same as the 2.7 release. Does that mean that we just unpack this release over the top of the existing 2.7 installation?

Chris

Dan Gillean

Jan 19, 2023, 8:13:49 AM1/19/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

The schema version is the same - other than a rare exception, we generally try to keep dependency upgrades and database schema migrations to major releases.

That said, I've never personally tried just unpacking the tarball on top of an existing installation. If you want the ability to more easily pull in fixes and upgrade to minor versions throughout a release cycle, I recommend following Option 2 in our installation documentation - installing from our code repository on GitHub. That way, because we typically keep the dep and schema changes to major releases, to upgrade you can usually just run a git pull --rebase, restart your services, and be done.

If you do try upgrading in place with a tarball, then 1) I strongly suggest you make a backup first! and 2) let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.