No more than 1000 children in treeview

t...@maxcommunications.co.uk

Sep 4, 2019, 5:14:25 AM9/4/19
to AtoM Users
Hi all,

I'm uploading large flat collections into AtoM 2.5.1. Some of the collections have more than 1000 children hanging under
the fonds. It appears that only the first 1000 children show in the treeview - although the children have been uploaded - you can search for them and find them.
Is there anyway of setting this max child num in treeview?

Regards

Tim Schofield

Dan Gillean

Sep 4, 2019, 10:29:02 AM9/4/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tim,

We've found that when the full-width treeview has many direct children under the parent record, there are performance issues - I think it is trying to load the entire tree into memory. Consequently, we've implemented a behavior to prevent all the system memory from being exhausted at once in this case, as described in the documentation here:
From the docs:

 If there are more than 50 immediate children to the level being viewed AtoM will add the number of remaining records not immediately displayed in the top right corner.

Clicking on that number will load the next 50 records. If there are still more records not displayed, the number of remaining records will be shown and the user can choose to see the next set, or return to the beginning by choosing “reset”.

It turns out that there was a bug in this feature in 2.5.x. This should be corrected in the 2.5.2 release.

Unfortunately, at this time the behavior is not configurable. Note as well that this behavior is only when there are more than 50 immediate children beneath the parent record - in a multi-hierarchical tree (i.e. with many intermediary levels such as series, subseries, etc), the tree can load progressively, and this behavior is not needed.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Tim Schofield

Sep 4, 2019, 10:52:29 AM9/4/19
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your prompt reply, Dan.

Yes, I thought it might have been something like that. I had spotted the wiki entry about the 50 limit and the
reset and more buttons. So you think when we upgrading to 2.5.2 we will see the reset and more buttons?

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZ%2BM0t0742k-QybnKQM-DL%3DbF8j%3DWk%2BjMyLPHeJTQcTHEA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

Sep 4, 2019, 1:24:24 PM9/4/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Yes, it should, Tim!

If you are upgrading in place from our GitHub code repo (i.e. just doing a git pull --rebase against stable/2.5.x) then you might want to rebuild the Dominion theme CSS, and clear your application cache:
  • make -C plugins/arDominionPlugin
  • php symony cc
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.2-fpm
All commands should be run from the root AtoM installataion directory. The command to restart PHP-FPM is dependent on your version of PHP - if using PHP 7.0 for example, change it to:
  • sudo systemctl restart php7.0-fpm
Let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager