File Path issue with css URGENT HELP PLSSS

holly allon

Oct 9, 2020, 8:54:36 AM10/9/20
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone,
I'm relatively new to atom and coding and today when working on a file I realised the folder was still amongst all the other bootstrap example templates that I downloaded (but moved to desktop). I made the mistake of instead of moving the folder on my file explorer I tried to save the folder through atom to a different location and it corrupted the css file path, now even when I download the template and start from scratch the style sheet still isn't connected.

Any help will be much appreciated!
This is a uni assignment that was due today, so it's pretty urgent.

Holly

Dan Gillean

Oct 9, 2020, 3:29:01 PM10/9/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Holly,

I'll ask a developer to take a look at this thread, but can you please clarify what your question is exactly? Is it what the file path should be? What files in AtoM are you asking about specifically? What isn't answered or fixed by comparing your local versions organization against our public repository, for example?

Additionally: are you customizing the AtoM base Dominion theme directly, or are you approaching this by creating a new theme plugin, which overrides the styles of the Dominion theme? Any other relevant information you can provide will help our developers respond more usefully.

Some general resources that may (or may not!) help you get what you need:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

AtoM - Theming - custom theme plugin installation instructions.pdf

holly allon

Oct 9, 2020, 5:30:19 PM10/9/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan,
Thanks for getting back so fast.
I guess I’m asking why that happens or how to fix it.
I only have an index.html and a style sheet that I am working with I’m not sure what you mean by theme plugin? And I’ve just been changing the css file to make visual changes and some style tags in HTML

- Holly Allon

Dan Gillean

Oct 9, 2020, 5:50:18 PM10/9/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Holly,

Just going to confirm one thing before we continue...

When you say "atom," are you referring to the atom.io text editor? i.e. this is what you are using for some CSS project and it's giving you issues...

Or are you referring to Access to Memory (AtoM), the web-based application for archival management?

I thought before we go any further we should clear this up - this is a forum for the second one - i.e. an open source software project used by archivists (but which developers do customize and theme; hence the confusion here). Sometimes people post in our forum about the text editor.

If you are looking for atom.io support, check out: https://discuss.atom.io/

If you're in fact talking about this AtoM: typically we recommend that developers make theming changes in a new plugin, so it's easier to manage upgrades. See the slides and docs I linked in my last post. If you've modified the base theme directly, that's okay, but please let us know more about which files have been modified.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

holly allon

Oct 9, 2020, 5:53:42 PM10/9/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
Yes I think you’re right, I believe I’m talking about the text editor. I’ll try on the other forum, Thankyou!

Cheers

-Holly