Error: Name and location of repository

Rachael Woody

May 30, 2018, 7:57:38 PM5/30/18
to AtoM Users
Good Afternoon,

We have an anomaly showing up in our records, specifically at the Series/Subseries and Item level. In the attached screenshot you can see the record Identity area, and see the Repository name "Pacific Northwest Railroad Archive" listed. Yet, AtoM is still showing the red box above the record stating, "Name and location of repository - This is a mandatory element." insinuating that the repository is missing? We've gone in to edit the field and the field presents as blank. When we re-enter the repository name the majority of the time it will present the same error, only a few times it's been fixed by that action.

We're confused as to why this is happening and haven't been able to limit it to a certain set of reasons as to why it may be happening.

Can anyone provide insight into this error?

Thank you!
Rachael
RepositoryLocation.png

Dan Gillean

May 31, 2018, 11:12:52 AM5/31/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Rachael,

I think you've found a bug! This appears to be a minor bug in the DACS form validation. I've managed to reproduce it in the 2.4 public demo site. If you flip the template to ISAD or another option, the error goes away, suggesting this is specific to the DACS template:

I've filed a bug report here:
I've also added the bug to our internal list to keep track of for the next release. We're in the process of finalizing the 2.4.1 release so I can't guarantee it will make it into that release, but it's on our watch-list for 2.5. In the meantime, your public users will never see this warning message, so I would say that it's safe to ignore for the time being.

If this is a priority for your institution and you'd be willing to sponsor a fix to ensure its inclusion in 2.4.1, please feel free to contact me off-list and we can provide an estimate. My hope is that this is a minor issue that should be an easy fix.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Rachael Woody

May 31, 2018, 11:47:10 AM5/31/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for verifying, Dan! I've forwarded the information on to the decision-makers.

Rachael
Owner & Consultant
Rachael Cristine Consulting

Dan Gillean

Jul 12, 2018, 8:01:34 AM7/12/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Rachael,

Just wanted to let you know that we've now added a fix for this bug to our stable/2.4.x branch. This means it will be included as a fix in the upcoming 2.4.1 release.

For more information on other fixes coming in that release, see:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Rachael Woody <rachael...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Rachael Woody

Jul 14, 2018, 1:21:06 PM7/14/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for fixing it and keeping us informed!