ISAD 2.6 csv template quire and related template questions

Kerry Skinner

Apr 28, 2021, 2:34:39 AM4/28/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

My institution has just started to look at AtoM as an option, so I'm rather new. I have a few beginners questions that I'm hoping the community can answer or send me along to relevant links to help myself.

Starting questions:

1. In the in the example template for 2.6 ISAD there are two columns titled "accessionNumber".  Why the duplication?
2. If my institution wants to use our own template, is there a manual or guidelines document for adapting or creating csv templates for AtoM?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in future. Any thoughts or directions would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Kerry

Dan Gillean

Apr 28, 2021, 5:47:44 PM4/28/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Kerry,

Welcome to the AtoM community!

Regarding question 1:

That's a mistake! It looks like it's in the version stored in AtoM as well. I've fixed this now on the wiki, and in our codebase, so the updated template will be included in our 2.7 release.
Regarding question 2:

You can remove columns you aren't using from the CSV, but AtoM will expect the column headers provided in the example CSVs to be able to recognize the data and import it. It would be possible to develop a local transformation script so you can use your own template, and then transform it into AtoM's expected format before importing - but that requires development and maintenance of a transformation script, and it's a fair bit of effort for your own custom column names! I'd wager it would be easier to draft up some local documentation for your staff to use, providing some guidance - or create your own example row in the CSV template that can be used as a reference, and deleted before importing.

In addition to the official documentation, you might also find the following slide deck helpful:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Kerry Skinner

Apr 29, 2021, 4:06:27 AM4/29/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

I think the problem on the wiki is different from the issue on the code base. On the wiki the template doesn't have "Title" field. It looks to me like the second "accessionNumber" column was a typo, and should be "Title".

Kind regards,
Kerry

Dan Gillean

Apr 29, 2021, 9:30:45 AM4/29/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Kerry,

I used the corrected version from the code repository as the replacement upload to the wiki, so they should be the same. I've just tested downloading the version on the wiki in an incognito browser, and can see a title field in it. Can you confirm you're seeing this as well?

Thanks!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Kerry Skinner

Apr 29, 2021, 10:00:21 AM4/29/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

So I've just downloaded it again and now it has two "accessionNumber" fields and the "Title" field.

Kind regards,
Kerry

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZJAbqusrQ2jPrrxiQhKWFMcP%3DgDY96usqcNqf55dahpxA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

Apr 29, 2021, 10:37:38 AM4/29/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Kerry,

Can you try downloading it in a different browser, or an incognito / private version of your browser, or clearing your web browser's cache before re-testing? I think you might be seeing an older, cached version of the download. I have asked a coworker to try downloading it from the wiki, and he confirmed he is also seeing only one accessionNumber column and a title column. A screenshot he sent me:

image.png

Thanks!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Kerry Skinner

Apr 30, 2021, 3:54:57 AM4/30/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

You are correct. Clearing the cache solved the problem. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Kerry