AtoM Online Demo (2.6) and Brazilian Portuguese

Matheus Baumgarten

Aug 6, 2020, 2:41:35 PM8/6/20
to AtoM Users
Hey Dan,

    I would like to know if it would be possible to upgrade the AtoM demo at http://demo.accesstomemory.org/ (which is in v2.4.1 - 156) to the newest AtoM 2.6?

   I'm asking this because in our advisory services and for possible new users/clients, as much as we recommend the use of virtual machine installations, people usually have their first experiences and tests in the online AtoM Demo. Because it is out of date, the new users/clients have a hard time catching up to what we teach them as we keep the workshops up to date with the current AtoM release.

    A special and very important request for us, here in Brazil: would it be possible to add Brazilian Portuguese to the Demo Website Languages?

    Thanks in advance!

Matheus Baumgarten,
Researcher at Grupo de Pesquisa CNPq UFF Ged/A.

Dan Gillean

Aug 6, 2020, 3:45:22 PM8/6/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Matheus,

Thanks for this prompt. We do have a task in our system administrator's queue to upgrade the demo site.

Unfortunately, I suspect that upgrading the demo data, as we would like to do anyways to show off some of the newer features, will likely take a bit longer. Some of the data is quite old, and we've discovered an element in the public demo data set from a feature that no longer exists - when clicked it causes an error, and it cannot be removed via the user interface, so there's some behind the scenes work we need to do to clean up that dataset anyways. To prevent this from blocking the upgrade of the public demo site, we've decoupled the two - we'll upgrade first, and deal with updating the dataset later. I'll try to get our team working on both as soon as possible - and when we are able to address the demo data, I'll make sure that we add in Brazilian Portuguese in the language menu :)

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Dan Gillean

Aug 6, 2020, 4:51:57 PM8/6/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Quick update:

I've tweaked the current demo data set to include Brazilian Portuguese and passed this on to our sysadmins, so when the site gets upgraded, hopefully that will be included, and we can work on data cleanup and enhancement more slowly without affecting you.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Matheus Baumgarten

Aug 6, 2020, 6:12:21 PM8/6/20
to AtoM Users
Awesome news! Thank you again!

Dan Gillean

Sep 16, 2020, 12:41:19 PM9/16/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Matheus,

Just wanted to let you know that the public demo site has been upgraded to 2.6, and we've enabled Brazilian Portuguese in the default language options.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Matheus Baumgarten

Sep 16, 2020, 12:48:50 PM9/16/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan,

Great news! Thank you very much for the amazing work you guys have been doing. This update will help a lot in our Workshops.

Kind regards from our Research Group.