RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT: AtoM 2.6.3 release now publicly available!

Dan Gillean

Mar 31, 2021, 4:05:19 PM3/31/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Greetings AtoM community,

We’re pleased to announce that the AtoM 2.6.3 release is now publicly available for download and installation!

This is a bug fix release that also includes a replacement for the Flash-based multi-uploader used in “Import digital objects” workflows. As you may know, Flash has been deprecated, and in December 2020, all major browsers removed Flash support. This has meant that the current multi-uploader in AtoM 2.6.2 and earlier releases has been unusable since then.

We had hoped to make a replacement available sooner, but shifted focus to patch a security vulnerability reported in AtoM for the 2.6.2 release. For more background information, see:

We’ve now completed work on the replacement multi-uploader, and along the way we have also tried to address many of the bugs and regressions reported to us. In total, we’ve closed 32 issue tickets in this release - notable improvements and fixes include:

  • CSV import: fix issue where sort order was not being maintained

  • CSV export: fix issue that sometimes produced duplicate columns

  • Search: improve search results that include stopwords in query

  • Settings: fix issue that allowed blank language rows to be added in i18n settings

  • Repository configuration: remove unnecessary search index update when changing upload limit

  • Descriptions: make the “calculate dates” job more performant

  • User accounts: fix issue where editing your own user account would set the account to inactive on save

  • And more!

Release links

Visit the Downloads page to download the most recent release, and consult the 2.6 Upgrading and Installation guides in our documentation for further information.

We’ve added the documentation for the replacement multi-uploader to the 2.7 docs - you can find them here:

Thank you to all of our community members for helping to make this release possible. As always, let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Ricardo Pinho

Apr 6, 2021, 1:11:24 PM4/6/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to all involved in this great work and the best version ever!
I've already installed and works fine, highly recommended to all AtoM users!
Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho