Multi Institutional AtoM and Archivematica

L Snider

Sep 19, 2017, 1:33:20 PM9/19/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Has anyone on the list, who is running a multi institutional instance of AtoM, tried to upload DIPs from Archivematica? This would be one Archivematica instance used by multiple different parties, and it would not be hosted in the same place at the AtoM instance.

This set up is not multiple departments in one institution...This AtoM instance is used by over 175 different institutions...I haven't seen this done, but wondered if anyone had done it?

Cheers

Lisa

Dan Gillean

Sep 19, 2017, 4:33:49 PM9/19/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Lisa,

Interesting! I hope other users might respond to this.

In the meantime: just wanted to mention that because all slugs/permalinks in AtoM are unique, it shouldn't matter in terms of use whether you are using AtoM as a multi-repository instance or not. So: theoretically this is possible. How you are going to manage usage (digital object upload limits, access rights to Archivematica, etc) is another question, more managerial than technical.

Let us know how it goes if this moves ahead!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

L Snider

Sep 19, 2017, 4:39:11 PM9/19/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Good to know about the slugs. This is a complex one for sure!

Cheers

Lisa