URLS with parentheses

archives.has...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2016, 9:50:45 AM12/12/16
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone

I'm trying to link to a Wikipedia article for a local politician: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown_(Canadian_politician) - but when I put it into his authority record in  AtoM, only the part up to the first bracket is encoded as a link, taking the innocent user to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown (which wasn't the man I had in mind!).

Is there any way around this?

Amanda

Dan Gillean

Dec 12, 2016, 11:37:57 AM12/12/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for reporting this. I've managed to reproduce the issue in our qa/2.4.x development branch, using both a raw link, and one with the styling syntax we added in 2.3:

I've filed an issue ticket here:

Note that we did fix a similar problem in the 2.3 release, but it seems we missed this particular use case:

In the short terms, I might suggest that you try using a URL shortening service (such as Bitly, or Google URL shortener) to get a URL without parentheses. Not ideal, but should give you what you need.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.