Giuseppe Romano

Apr 27, 2021, 6:03:54 AM4/27/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,
i have this problem, when i try to add an access point the route 'index.php/actor/add'
doesn't work.
There'is a problem on 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin', i try to modify nginx settings but
without success.
The versione is 2.3, Have you a solution?
Thanks

Giuseppe
Immagine.png

Dan Gillean

Apr 27, 2021, 11:46:25 AM4/27/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Guiseppe,

I *think* this is a configuration issue with SSL, that is triggering a CORS error. CORS is "cross-origin resource sharing" - I don't know a lot about it, but essentially it's a security mechanism enforced by the browser to control requests that originate from one site, but want to fetch content from another site - which can be used by malicious websites as a security exploit.

In your case, this appears to be happening because your base URL is set to use HTTPS, but the request is being passed as an HTTP request. The CORS policy is interpreting this as insecure and possibly originating from an unknown source, so it's blocking the request.

There are ways to configure these rules and behaviors in Nginx, but this level of configuration shouldn't be necessary in your case. The first things I would check are:
  • Your SSL certificate - make sure it's properly configured to use HTTPS for your site.
  • The base URL you have configured in Admin > Settings > Site information. Make sure this is using HTTPS in the base URL
Beyond that, it would be useful to have a bit more information from you to help investigate this further. For example:
  • Is there any more useful information in the browser console you can share? Error code, anything in the Response tab, etc?
  • What browser and version were you using?
  • Are there any relevant error messages in the webserver error logs? If so, please share
  • Anything we should know about your 2.3 installation? For example, have you made any changes from the recommended installation instructions (changes in PHP, O/S, database, Elasticsearch version, or recommended webserver, for example)?
 Let us know what you find and how it goes!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Giuseppe Romano

Apr 27, 2021, 12:55:50 PM4/27/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,
thanks for the quick response. Your idea is the solution!
In the setting page the base url isn't correct, but i can't change
it. My user is the administrator,  but the base url text box is disabled.

Thanks Dan

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZ%2B2GOCBKTZ6PFDM-x%3Daof70DiiG%3D9QrRw%3D3WXHe1XvuJA%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

Apr 28, 2021, 11:14:25 AM4/28/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Giuseppe,

I can't think of a reason that the field would be disabled, but 2.3 is a fairly old release, so it's possible you're encountering a bug.

Is it possible that the base URL was entered in a different language/culture in the user interface? For example, entered when the language menu is set to English, but your site is set up to use something else as the default installation culture.

I would try seeing if you can flip the UI to a different language such as English, via the Language menu, to see if this helps and allows you to modify the field.

Let us know what you find!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Giuseppe Romano

Apr 30, 2021, 10:19:22 AM4/30/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan, thanks for your suggests. I have changed the language and i have modified the base url,
 but the problem isn't resolve. After the correct add call (via https), the "location" response is "http".
I tink, the problem is in the ssl configuration.
Thanks for your support.