Regenerating Derivatives

r.ruti...@docuteam.ch

Oct 26, 2021, 3:11:36 AM10/26/21
to AtoM Users
Hi there

At one of our customers, I started the regen-derivatives task from the command line.
sudo -u www-data php symfony digitalobject:regen-derivatives

Some work fine:
>> digital object Regenerating derivatives for xyz.pdf... (33341.44s)

...but some not:, where I get messages like
Syntax Warning: Length in linearization table is invalid
Syntax Warning: Length in linearization table is invalid
Syntax Warning: Invalid number of shared object groups
Syntax Warning: Invalid number of shared object groups
Syntax Warning: Invalid number of shared object groups

What does that mean?

Best regards
Roger

Alberto Pereira

Oct 26, 2021, 4:05:22 AM10/26/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

that probably means that the pdf parser AtoM uses (PdfTools?) can't read those specific pdfs. Odds are they are malformed. I don't remember if this was the same error, but something like that happened to me before. I resaved the faulty pdfs with acrobat pro (probably some other software would work as well) and everything worked afterward.

hope that helps,

regards

r.ruti...@docuteam.ch

Nov 3, 2021, 6:53:51 PM11/3/21
to AtoM Users
Hi, and thank you.

For the creation of derivatives from PDFs, it seems to me that either ImageMagick or Ghostscript are needed. See https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.6/admin-manual/installation/requirements/#other-dependencies

I have installed:
- convert / ImageMagick 6.9.7-4 Q16
- Ghostscript 9.26
- pdftotext 0.62.0

The thing is - how could I know which file causes trouble when there is just the output like "Syntax Warning...."?

Alberto Pereira

Nov 3, 2021, 7:25:56 PM11/3/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

They are syntax warnings, so it's very likely that they can be safely ignored. When issuing warnings, the functionality is still there.
Anyway, aren't the warnings being thrown right after a specific document is read (and its name written in the terminal output)?

Regards
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/9f5c6265-bd1b-4298-a495-5c19efd39dfbn%40googlegroups.com.