Browsing the genre terms

Uwe Jung

Jul 17, 2018, 8:55:56 AM7/17/18
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I'm still working on AtoM 2.4. at Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS. Here comes the question:

Using the slug subjects (aka index.php/taxonomy/browse/id/35) and places (aka index.php/taxonomy/browse/id/42) we will get a table with columns *term, scope note and results.
But if I use the slug genre  (or  index.php/taxonomy/browse/id/78) to get a list of genreAccessPoints the table only shows the *term and the scope note column.
So, how can we switch on the results column here?

Greetings

Uwe Jung

Dan Gillean

Jul 18, 2018, 2:17:45 PM7/18/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Uwe,

That's a good point! I've filed a bug ticket for this. Genre access points were added later than subject and places, and I think this was an oversight. The bug ticket I've filed is here:
Unfortunately, this will require development to fix. I've added it to a list of community-reported bugs so we can track it, but the only way to absolutely guarantee its inclusion in a future public release is for our community to sponsor the development or submit a pull request that follows our development recommendations as noted on the wiki

If you are a developer, then it's possible you could figure out how to resolve this by studying the code for the subject and place browse pages, and make similar modifications to the Genre browse page. If you do this, please consider sending us a pull request!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Uwe Jung

Aug 28, 2018, 6:43:07 AM8/28/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Sorry, I was too late. As I can see you already changed the file in githubr. It's working!
Thanks

Uwe Jung

Dan Gillean

Aug 28, 2018, 10:16:04 AM8/28/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Uwe,

Yes, we managed to get a fix in. It will be included in the 2.5 release, though it sounds like you've managed to pull the changes in now - that's great! Glad to hear it's working, and thank you again for the bug report.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.