Upgrade atom 2.6.2 to 2.6.4

Luis Alves - Aventuras

Dec 22, 2021, 10:36:43 AM12/22/21
to AtoM Users
Hello,

We have version 2.6.2 for testing and we wanted to upgrade to 2.6.4;

Thanks,

Happy Holidays Luís

Dan Gillean

Jan 4, 2022, 9:22:34 AM1/4/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello and happy new year, Luís,

If you installed the current version using Option 2 in our installation instructions (install from the code repository, rather than from the downloadable tarball with Option 1), then for a minor release upgrade, it is possible to upgrade in place. This is because we typically do not include database schema changes or major dependency version changes in minor releases. In this case, you could:
  • Make a backup of your data
  • Pull in the latest code using git pull --rebase
  • Run the upgrade task - likely not necessary, but just to be sure: php symfony tools:upgrade
  • Clear the cache, restart services, and repopulate the search index.
This approach should NOT be used for major version upgrades, and will not work if you used Option 1, the downloadable tarball available on the AtoM website, for your installation. In such cases, following the standard upgrading documentation will be the best way to ensure you are properly upgraded.

Finally, while upgrading, please be aware of the recent security recommendations regarding Log4j. Our recommended solution for this security issue can be found here:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.