FHYA

Mar 7, 2018, 6:44:12 AM3/7/18
to AtoM Users
Hi there

Which ISAD fields are searchable?

Thanks!

Dan Gillean

Mar 7, 2018, 9:42:00 AM3/7/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Chloe,

In the 2.4 version of AtoM, you can use the following section of our documentation to see which archival description fields are searchable:
Our search index (Elasticsearch) implementation uses shorthand for the full field name, but in most cases it should be fairly easy to figure out which ES field relates to which ISAD(G) field from the name. If you are uncertain about any of them, let me know and I can help clarify.

Best,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Message has been deleted

Dan Gillean

Mar 8, 2018, 12:05:08 PM3/8/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Chloe,

Unfortunately, I've just run a quick test, and it appears that this field might not currently be indexed.

I've filed a bug ticket here, so we can track this and hopefully address it in a future release:
If this is a priority issue for you and your institution might be interested in sponsoring a fix so we can guarantee it's inclusion in the next AtoM release, please feel free to contact me off-list.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 3:43 AM, FHYA <cmrus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dan

Thanks so much for the quick response!

In ISAD, is the archivist note section by any chance searchable? The way we are working around the general notes bug is by putting the information that we would have put there into scope and content, but some stuff would be better suited to the archivist note field, so if that is searchable it would be excellent for us!

Thanks again!

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 6:44 AM, FHYA <cmrus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi there

Which ISAD fields are searchable?

Thanks!

Message has been deleted

Dan Gillean

Mar 8, 2018, 4:32:54 PM3/8/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Joey,

Thanks for pointing this out. This is a known issue, that will be corrected in the 2.4.1 bug fix release. See the following ticket for more info:
We don't yet have a firm release date, but we've been making a lot of progress and fixing a lot of bugs for the 2.4.1 release! You can see what will definitely be included so far on our Roadmap page, here:
If you have installed from our git repository (instead of the tarball), you could do a git pull --rebase against our stable/2.4.x branch right now to pull in all of the fixes we've added so far.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Joey Denton <jden...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dan, text in a similar field is no longer appearing in searches under the DACS template as well (Notes Element > General Notes) since the update to 2.4. Interestingly, if I search  "_exists_:generalNotes.i18n.en.content" it does display every description where I wrote something in the General Notes field, just the text itself in that field is not searchable. Not a big deal but thought you should know, thanks!

Joey