ATOM LOGIN ERROR (Log in with Cas)

Paulo Cesar Gestao da informacao

Jun 27, 2022, 8:21:57 AM6/27/22
to AtoM Users
Why can't I log into AtoM (Log in with Cas)
How to solve?

Dan Gillean

Jun 27, 2022, 9:10:01 AM6/27/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Paulo,

Single sign-on using CAS has only been added in the upcoming 2.7 release - if you have installed AtoM 2.6 or earlier, then CAS is not yet supported.

If you have installed our qa/2.x development branch and are trying to configure CAS, see the documentation here:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 8:21 AM Paulo Cesar Gestao da informacao <sismarqc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Why can't I log into AtoM (Log in with Cas)
How to solve?

carl...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2023, 8:48:30 AM4/27/23
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan:
By mistake I enabled the CAS login in Administrator Panel, how could I go back to the traditional login registry?.

Best Regards

Dan Gillean

Apr 27, 2023, 9:46:20 AM4/27/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

Hmmm... well it can be enabled via the command line by manually editing the config/ProjectConfigurationClass.php file, and adding the plugin name to the $plugins array, as noted in the docs here:
Perhaps you could try the reverse? I.e. open this file locally, find the $plugins array (it's on lines 37-49 in our code repository), and see if the arCasPlugin is listed there. If yes, try deleting the line, saving the file, and then clearing the application cache and restarting PHP-FPM. See if that helps?

If not, I will see if someone on our team can help prepare a SQL query that will disable the setting. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

carl...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2023, 9:59:57 AM4/27/23
to AtoM Users
Dan:
I´ve tried this way

"Perhaps you could try the reverse? I.e. open this file locally, find the $plugins array (it's on lines 37-49 in our code repository), and see if the arCasPlugin is listed there. If yes, try deleting the line, saving the file, and then clearing the application cache and restarting PHP-FPM. See if that helps?"

but it doesn't appear. I send the attached file with the content

carl...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2023, 10:10:24 AM4/27/23
to AtoM Users
Dan:
I´ve tried this way

"Perhaps you could try the reverse? I.e. open this file locally, find the $plugins array (it's on lines 37-49 in our code repository), and see if the arCasPlugin is listed there. If yes, try deleting the line, saving the file, and then clearing the application cache and restarting PHP-FPM. See if that helps?"

but it doesn't appear. I send the attached file with the content

CAS.png

Dan Gillean

Apr 27, 2023, 10:31:05 AM4/27/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello again Carlos,

One of our developers has let me know about a command-line task that was added without my knowledge - so currently it's undocumented. However, it sounds like exactly what you need - it provides a command-line method to add (i.e. enable) or delete (i.e. disable) AtoM's plugins. The following should disable the CAS plugin:
  • php symfony tools:atom-plugins delete arCasPlugin
Let me know if that works!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

carl...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2023, 10:45:52 AM4/27/23
to AtoM Users
Dan:
It´s working, I can access to Admin Panel with traditional login.

Best Regards

Marcos Ramajo

Jun 12, 2023, 5:11:36 PM6/12/23
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I have this problem, I can't remove the login access with CAS.

When trying to run this command, I get the error that I don't have cURL extension.
ubuntu@vps-e2dde62a:~/atom$ php symfony tools:atom-plugins delete arCasPlugin
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught sfInitializationException: arElasticSearchPlugin needs cURL PHP extension in /home/ubuntu/atom/plugins/arElasticSearchPlugin/config/arElasticSearchPluginConfiguration.class.php:32

How can I fix it or another way to disable CAS?

Thank you

Marcos Ramajo

Jun 12, 2023, 5:26:43 PM6/12/23
to AtoM Users
Important, I use Nginx from Docker, running PHP 7.4, the operating system is Ubuntu 20, which runs PHP 8, maybe here is the problem. I still don't know how to solve it.

Dan Gillean

Jun 13, 2023, 8:51:30 AM6/13/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcos,

Yes, that definitely sounds like the source of the issue. The error is telling you that you are missing a PHP extension - php-curl. If you follow the recommended installation instructions, this PHP extension is installed at this step:
However, PHP 8 introduces a number of backwards incompatible changes and AtoM 2.7 does not currently support PHP8. Per this announcement from the Maintainers, the team intends to upgrade AtoM's PHP support in the 2.9 release.

Your best bet will be to downgrade your PHP version in Ubuntu 20.04 to 7.4, and make sure that php7.4-curl (along with all the other PHP extensions) is properly installed before continuing.

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.