Objetos digitales cortados

Gonzalo Granara

May 12, 2022, 5:59:35 PM5/12/22
to AtoM Users
Hola, trabajo en el Archivo General de la Nación Argentina y tengo un problema cuando enlazo objetos digitales.

Cuando enlazo objetos digitales en formato JPG cuyo peso es superior a 10 MB, corta las imágenes a la mitad. De esta forma, se visualizan de forma parcial.

Agradezco cualquier información que me pueda ayudar.

Saludos, G.-
Sin título.png

Dan Gillean

May 16, 2022, 8:47:42 AM5/16/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Gonzalo,

What version of AtoM are you using (what is the full version number listed in Admin > Settings)? Does your installation include any custom code changes, including a custom theme? Did you follow the recommended installation settings or did you make any changes - and if yes, what changes? Is the master digital object (i.e. the full version, shown when you click on the reference image) cut in half as well, or just the reference display image shown in your screenshot? What about the thumbnail?

My first suggestion would be to check a few configuration files and settings, and do a bit more testing.

First, have you tried uploading the same images via the command-line? For example, creating a simple 1 or 2 image upload using the Digital object load task:
I suggest doing this because it's possible that while uploading via the browser, you are hitting the browser's timeout limit, which is aborting the process before it finishes. Most web browsers have a built-in timeout limit of about 1 minute, to ensure that long-running requests do not consume all available client resources. If you can upload the same images from the command-line without problems, then this might be the issue. In that case, I would suggest that you use the command-line for any image over 10MB to avoid the issue.

Otherwise, we can check a few config files and settings to see if there are further variables we can change.

There are some PHP configuration settings that can affect uploads. Some of these are set during installation in the PHP pool - see this section of the installation documentation:
For example, these settings:

php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 512M
php_admin_value[max_execution_time] = 120
php_admin_value[post_max_size] = 72M
php_admin_value[upload_max_filesize] = 64M
php_admin_value[max_file_uploads] = 10

There are also similar configuration settings in your php.ini file - for more information, see:
One possibility is that your upload is reaching one of these limits during processing. You can try increasing some of these based on the available resources on your server. Remember to restart PHP-FPM after making changes.

I don't know if this setting might be involved, but you can also check the settings for the maximum derivative size, to make sure your images are not being constrained by this. See:
Finally, you can try checking the webserver error logs to see if any relevant errors are recorded, and enabling Debug mode and then repeating the upload test to see if any additional information is captured by Symfony. See:
If you find any error messages in either of these spots that seem to be related to the digital object upload, feel free to share them here so we can offer further suggestions.

You could also try monitoring your server resources while performing an upload, to see if your system memory, CPU, etc, is maxing out. See:
Let us know what you find!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager