edit or delete date of creation (of archival descriptions)

Vedran Serbu

May 21, 2020, 5:15:51 AM5/21/20
to AtoM Users
Hi,

every time I try to edit or delet date of creation of acrhival description I get an error

"Sorry, something went wrong. The server returned a 500 Internal Server Error."

Usually I'm doing it because the dates are not consistent with child or parent archival description. Automatic calculation is not working because

"Calculation failed: No Gearman worker available that can handle the job arCalculateDescendantDatesJob."

But I would be more than happy to have an option to correct the date myself.

Best regards,

Vedran

Dan Gillean

May 21, 2020, 12:30:51 PM5/21/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Vedran,

That error typically means that the job scheduler needs to be restarted. See:
Note that in 2.5, the job scheduler also has a restart limit (of 3 restarts within 24 hours), to prevent it from getting caught in a loop and trying to restart itself endlessly. You can reset this count with:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
You can also check the status of the atom-worker to make sure it restarted properly with:
  • sudo systemctl status atom-worker
See the commands at the bottom of this section:
If you know the date range you want to update the parent description with, you can always do this manually, simply by entering edit mode on your archival description, navigating to the Dates of creation area, making the changes to the current date range, and then saving your description. You may still get a 500 error if you don't first restart the job scheduler however, because a background job is typically triggered on an archival description update to asynchronously update any affected linked records (such as authority records, etc).

Let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.