Launch of U of T's Discover Archives

Kelli Babcock

Jan 25, 2018, 7:31:15 AM1/25/18
to AtoM Users
*apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the official launch of the University of Toronto's Discover Archives, available at https://discoverarchives.library.utoronto.ca.

Discover Archives is a shared portal for exploring archival holdings at the University of Toronto and its federated colleges. Visit the site today to search and browse descriptions of archival material related to the University of Toronto's history, as well as records from private individuals, families, businesses, and organizations.

The site includes a broad range of archival descriptions. You can browse the finding aids and search across the many archival descriptions that provide access to the documentary heritage of the University of Toronto and its community.

Participating repositories include:
  • OISE Library Special Collections
  • Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library
  • Trinity College Archives
  • University of St. Michael's College Archives
  • University of St. Michael's College, John M. Kelly Library, Special
  • Collections
  • University of Toronto Archives and Records Management Services
  • University of Toronto Media Commons (Media Archive)
  • University of Toronto Music Library
  • University of Toronto Scarborough Library, Archives & Special Collections
  • Victoria University Archives
  • Victoria University Library - Special Collections
You can send questions or feedback to Discover Archives at

I also wanted to note here that the AtoM Users community and fantastic work and documentation from Artefactual Systems have been invaluable while developing Discover Archives - thank you all. We hope to contribute more of our knowledge to the AtoM community as we grow and maintain Discover Archives.

On behalf of the Discover Archives Steering Committee,

Kelli Babcock

Digital Initiatives Librarian
ITS - Digital Library and Web Services
University of Toronto Libraries
130 St George St, 7th Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1A5

Dan Gillean

Jan 25, 2018, 10:56:29 AM1/25/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Congratulations on a successful launch, Kelli - and everyone on the Discover Archives Steering Committee!

The theme looks great! And I love the Search tips and Glossary static pages!

I've added a link to our example Users page on the wiki, as well as a brief blurb on the launch in our Success stories

Best,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.