Need help to run some of the php symfony commands without sudo

das...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2020, 10:39:05 AM4/24/20
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I can run some php symfony commands fine like clearing cache, php symfony cache:clear

But then there are some commands that I cannot run like (php symfony jobs:worker, php symfony csv:import)
Trying these both gives me an error message:
Unable to open the log file "/usr/share/nginx/atom/log/qubit_cli.log" for writing.
(Either the qubit_cli.log or qubit_worker.log)

I can run these commands fine, if I run it with sudo or sudo -u www-data. However in our environment, we need users without sudo access to be able to run at least the import command.

For more information on the setup, I have ran chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/atom, and verified that www-data owns everything.
The atom-worker service file has the user and group is set as www-data and I have reloaded/restarted all the services.
We are on Ubuntu 16.04.6 and Atom version is 2.5.0

Please let me know if this is possible or your thoughts on this. Thanks!

das...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2020, 10:55:39 AM4/24/20
to AtoM Users
Ah I resolved this. I had tried changing permission of the log files, which yielded no result. I changed permission on the log folder itself to add user and group write, and now it works.

Dan Gillean

Apr 24, 2020, 12:05:27 PM4/24/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Glad you worked out the issue - thanks for updating the thread with what worked for you!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056