EDM format for Europeana

ism...@gmail.com

May 15, 2023, 12:40:46 AM5/15/23
to AtoM Users
Good morning, we want to include AtoM content in Europeana and for this it is necessary that the metadata of the files be available in EDM (Europeana Data Model) format. I have been consulting the forum and I have seen that they have asked it before but without an answer. I would like to know if progress has been made on this issue.

They also ask us to create a set that includes only the endowment fund, how could this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Dan Gillean

May 15, 2023, 9:11:17 AM5/15/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

At this time, there are not any upcoming plans to add EDM support in AtoM. This would be a major analysis and development project, and at this time I don't foresee such support happening in the near future.

In the interim, I think your best bet would be to investigate conversion options. For example, it appears that some research has already been done into converting EAD into EDM - see for example this paper:
This was found after a cursory search - there are likely other tools and articles available. It would also be possible to develop a script or tool for conversion (from EAD 2002, or even CSV)  without modifying AtoM at all, which would likely be more cost effective.

Sorry, and good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.