Home page problems

Boyoung Kim

Mar 31, 2018, 3:20:21 AM3/31/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Does anybody know what the problem is in my home page? I've attached a photo. I've spent too much time to fix this problem. What should I do to change it to normal home page? I have only basic computer skills.

Thank you for any help with this problem!

Boyoung

Dan Gillean

Apr 2, 2018, 11:15:15 AM4/2/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

It appears that the CSS is not compiled. Do you have a custom theme, or are you using the default Dominion theme? What version of AtoM do you have installed? What led to this issue appearing? Any other information you can provide that will help us contextualize the issue will aid us in providing better suggestions. See the list of suggested information to include in a post here:
In the meantime, you might try the following to see if it resolves the problem. You will need access to the command line of your application - if you're not the one who has installed the application, feel free to pass this on to the system administrator or IT person responsible for maintaining your site.

First, let's try recompiling the CSS for the base Dominion theme. You will want to run the following commands from the root AtoM installation directory - if you have followed our recommended installation instructions, that would be /usr/share/nginx/atom. To recompile the CSS:
  • make -C plugins/arDominionPlugin
Now let's clear the cache, restart PHP-FPM and memcached, and clear your web browser cache to see if it has resolved the issue. To clear the cache, run:
Instructions to restart PHP-FPM and memcached will depend on how you've installed AtoM (for example, whether you followed the Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 instructions). You'll find installation-specific commands for both options and both tasks in the following section:
Don't forget to clear your browser cache as well, so you are seeing an updated version of the page! Let us know how it goes. If this doesn't resolve the issue, then please provide as much information as you can about your AtoM installation, and what led to the issue appearing.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 3:20 AM, Boyoung Kim <jama...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does anybody knows what the problem is in my home page? I've attached a photo. I've spent too much time to fix this problem. What should I do to change it to normal home page? I have only basic computer skills.

Thank you for any help with this problem!

Boyoung

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Boyoung Kim

Apr 4, 2018, 2:55:23 AM4/4/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your help!
Our system engineer installed AtoM 2.4 with Ubuntu 16.04. He told me that he followed all recommended installation instructions but when I got a machine, CSS didn't work properly. We had no idea about theme, so we were going to use the default Dominion theme.
Today, he retried compiling CSS following your advice. but failed at compiling. Ubuntu said that there was no lessc. So he installed lessc and recomplied CSS, but failed again. We checked the main.css file(?) and it has 0 byte. We don't know the reason, but decided to reinstall the AtoM and then finally succeeded.

We don't know what was the problem and how fixed this problem. But now AtoM is working properly.

Thank you so much!
Boyoung

2018年3月31日土曜日 16時20分21秒 UTC+9 Boyoung Kim:

Dan Gillean

Apr 4, 2018, 11:03:57 AM4/4/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Boyoung,

Strange! Well, I'm glad that you've managed to resolve the issue. Thanks for updating the thread and letting us know!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.