Treeview does'nt work

afto...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2021, 3:29:10 PM4/29/21
to AtoM Users
Dear,
I received a task to migrate an Atom server that was "leaning" for a long time, since version 2.2x I migrated to this latest version 2.6.4 with all the data complete.

I'm trying to change the menu display to full bar treeview but nothing happens.

I've cleared the cache, reindexed, rebooted the server and nothing!

I would like to leave the menu as it is Photo-3!

Is there any way to change this menu from the command line?

Best regards,

Augusto Torres
Foto-3.png
Atom-2.png
Atom-1.png

Dan Gillean

Apr 29, 2021, 4:40:11 PM4/29/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Augusto,

Can you provide us with a bit more information about your new 2.6.4 installation? For example:
  • What is the full version number listed in Admin > Settings?
  • What version of PHP, MySQL, Ubuntu, and Elasticsearch are you using with this installation?
  • Does your site have a custom theme plugin installed?
  • Did you remember to complete ALL steps in the Upgrading documentation, including dropping and recreating the database, running the upgrade task, etc?
  • Is there anything else about this installation that you think it would be helpful for us to know?
I think we should try to diagnose the issue before jumping to back-end solutions. There is no command-line task for this, but it could technically be possible to change the treeview type via a SQL query - provided that your upgraded database is in the right state! However, if we sort that out, then doing this via SQL will likely no longer be needed.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

afto...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2021, 10:07:40 AM4/30/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Gillean,

As requested, here is information about my installation.
  • lsb_release -sd Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
  • php --version PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7 (cli) (built: October 7, 2020 15:24:25) (NTS)
  • mysql --version mysql Ver 8.0.24 for Linux on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)
  • apt list elasticsearch elasticsearch / stable, now 5.6.16 all [installed]

We are using the default Atom theme without customization, and I did the installation taken from the Atom tutorial (https://www.accesstomemory.org/pt-br/docs/2.6/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-bionic/)

A new database was created like this:

  • sudo mysql -h localhost -u root -p -e "CREATE DATABASE atom CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci;"
  • sudo mysql -h localhost -u root -p -e "CREATE USER 'atom' @ 'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '12345';"

After the bank was created, I imported the old sql (version 2.2), without changes
  • mysql -u username -p atom </tmp/atom_db.sql
  • sudo mysql -h localhost -u root -p -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON atom. * TO 'atom' @ 'localhost';"
  • /usr/share/nginx/atom# php -d memory_limit = -1 symfony tools: upgrade-sql
  • /usr/share/nginx/atom# php symfony tools: get-version 2.6.4 v184 atom-server: / usr / share / nginx / atom # php symfony cc
  • /usr/share/nginx/atom# php symfony search: populate
  • /usr/share/nginx/atom# php symfony propel: build-nested-set

All services have been restarted ...
Grateful for the attention
Best Regards,
Augusto Torres

Dan Gillean

May 3, 2021, 11:38:45 AM5/3/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Augusto,

Thanks for this information!

One small thing I noticed: I see the command that you used to create the new database, which looks correct to me. However, did you also drop the database first? This is an important first step!

Beyond this, I'm not sure - as far as I can tell, all other steps look correct. I will ask our developers to take a look at this thread and see if they have any further suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Alejo Janin

Jun 23, 2021, 6:25:29 AM6/23/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Augusto and Dan,

Does anyone figure out how to solve this bug? I'm experiencing the exact same situation on an AtoM 2.4. Whenever I try to change treeview settings, it doesn't apply them on the description view

Thanks in advance,
Alejo

Dan Gillean

Jun 23, 2021, 9:25:02 AM6/23/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Alejo,

Is it the exact same behavior - as in there is no radio button and you can't select either treeview option in the settings? Or are you changing the setting and not seeing the change take effect?

Either way, some initial things we can try that might help. Any commands given below should be run from the root AtoM installation directory - if you have followed our recommended installation instructions, this is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom

First, let's make sure that the nested set is not corrupted. AtoM uses a nested set model to help structure and store hierarchical information in the flat, table-based design of a relational database. Occasionally, during long running operations, this can become corrupted, which causes problems when displaying hierarchies, such as in the treeview. We can rebuild the nested set with the following command:
Similarly, sometimes if an operation times out, some descriptions can be left without important information, such as a slug (the unique part of the URL that points to the resource). We can generate slugs for any that are missing with the following command:
Finally, let's make sure that we are seeing the most up to date version of all pages. AtoM will use caching as a way to improve response times, but in this case we want to load a new version of the page, and not an older cached version. We will want to clear the application cache, as well as restart PHP-FPM (which has its own cache):

Clear the application cache
Restart PHP-FPM
If you have memcached installed, it is good to clear that cache as well. This command should not have any ill effects if you don't have memcached installed, so you can always try it out:
Finally, don't forget that your web browser will have its own cache! Be sure to clear this as well, or else test in an incognito or private browser window, where the browser cache is typically disabled by default.

Let us know if that helps. If not, please let us know more about your installation, such as:
    • What is the full version number listed in Admin > Settings?
    • Did you follow our recommended installation instructions? If no, what changes have you made?
    • Did you upgrade recently? If yes, can you confirm that you followed all upgrade steps, including dropping and recreating the database before loading your sqldump?
    • Anything else you think would help us understand the issue? Anything you were doing before this that might have contributed to the issue, etc?
    Cheers,

    Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
    AtoM Program Manager
    Artefactual Systems, Inc.
    604-527-2056
    @accesstomemory
    he / him

    Alejo Janin

    Jun 23, 2021, 3:40:52 PM6/23/21
    to AtoM Users
    Thanks for the reply, Dan!

    The problem is that there is no radio button and you can't select either treeview option in the settings

    I've tried with those commands and clearing cache... but doesn't fix the treeview problem
    • The full version is 2.4.1 - 156
    • No recently but there were several upgrades over the years (i didn't work in this Archive yet)
    • The last months i was working on a custom theme
    Is there a way to set the full-width treeview from the command-line? (modifying some files)

    Thanks,
    Alejo

    Alejo Janin

    Jun 24, 2021, 9:22:16 AM6/24/21
    to AtoM Users
    Hi,

    I managed to solve this issue by modifying one value of the database. This is the command i ran (the original value was NULL):

    UPDATE setting_i18n SET value = 'fullWidth' WHERE id = '124' AND culture = 'es';

    Now the treeview is fixed at fullwidth

    Thanks,
    Alejo

    Dan Gillean

    Jun 24, 2021, 10:15:33 AM6/24/21
    to ICA-AtoM Users
    Hi Alejo,

    Thank you for sharing what worked!

    One of our developers has a theory about this issue that we will investigate later - it's possible that the setting has accidentally been tied to the "en" culture and is therefore not displaying correctly when other default installation cultures are used. We will take a look at the code and file a bug report if this turns out to be the case. In the meantime, I'm glad you found a way to apply the setting via SQL, and I hope this will help anyone else who encounters this issue until we can diagnose and fix the cause.

    Cheers,

    Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
    AtoM Program Manager
    Artefactual Systems, Inc.