Blank pages for not logged in users

slawomir...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2021, 7:56:22 AM4/21/21
to AtoM Users
Hello,

I noticed, when I'm not logged in AtoM, I can't access to lower levels pages (in hierarchy tree). I can access only to Items.

For example:

Fond (Access denied - blank page)
|- Subfond (Access denied - blank page)
|-- Serie (Access denied - blank page)
|--- Subserie (Access denied - blank page)
|---- Item (Access granted - page with Item is displaying)

I thoungt that may be problem with my access rights settings, but I found nothing in the settings. So I checked Apache error.log:

error.log:
[Wed Apr 21 13:39:42.158614 2021] [php7:error] [pid 17364] [client *.*.*.*:24962] PHP Fatal error:
Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function QubitDigitalObject::getGenericRepresentation(), 1 passed in /var/www/html/atom/apps/qubit/modules/digitalobject/actions/imageflowComponent.class.php on line 71 and exactly 2 expected in /var/www/html/atom/lib/model/QubitDigitalObject.php:2004\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/atom/apps/qubit/modules/digitalobject/actions/imageflowComponent.class.php(71): QubitDigitalObject::getGenericRepresentation('image/jpeg')\n#1 /var/www/html/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/helper/PartialHelper.php(388): DigitalObjectImageflowComponent->execute(Object(sfWebRequest))\n#2 /var/www/html/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/helper/PartialHelper.php(150): _call_component('digitalobject', 'imageflow', Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/atom/plugins/sfIsadPlugin/modules/sfIsadPlugin/templates/indexSuccess.php(50): get_component('digitalobject', 'imageflow', Array)\n#4 /var/www/html/atom/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_core_compile.yml.php(3895): require('/var/www/html/a...')\n#5 /var/www/html/atom/cache/qubit/p in /var/www/html/atom/lib/model/QubitDigitalObject.php on line 2004, referer: http://atom.***.pl/index.php/***

Could you get me a tip to solve the problem? Maybe you have already noticed similar problem?

Regards,
Slawomir

Dan Gillean

Apr 21, 2021, 11:33:13 AM4/21/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Slawomir,

Can you tell us more about this installation? For example:
  • What is the full version number of AtoM in Admin > Settings?
  • I can see that you are using Apache instead of Nginx. What other changes have you made from the recommended installation instructions?
  • What version of PHP and MySQL are you using?
  • Have you upgraded from a previous version recently?
  • Were these records originally created via the UI, or via import?
  • What, if anything, have you tried so far to resolve the error?
I would suggest that you start with some of the common maintenance tasks listed on our Troubleshooting page (rebuild the nested set, generate slugs, clear cache, restart PHP-FPM, reindex, etc). You might also want to try running the SQL query on that page that can help check for data corruption - I'm wondering if some of these records are perhaps missing a publication status ID or similar. See:
Let us know what you find, and more about your environment, and hopefully we can offer further suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

slawomir...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2021, 4:18:58 PM4/21/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

thank you for your reply.

  • AtoM is in "2.6.0 - 184" version.
  • Only change I made is Apache2 instead of nginx and AtoM directory (/var/www/html/atom).
  • My server is Ubuntu Server 18.04 with PHP 7.2.24 and mysql 8.0.24.
  • I haven't upgraded AtoM recently (but the problem was on older versions (2.5.4) too).
  • The records (Fonds, Subfonds, (...), Items) was created in UI
  • I tried to change and add some atributes, I compared the Fond with another working one and I tried to change some rights. I've changed the name and slug of Fond. None of it worked.

I did all of maintenance tasks, unfortunately, nothing improved the situation.

In AtoM we have 9 Fonds, and the problem touches only few Fonds (and lower levels in that Fonds, except Items and Parts).

Cheers,
Slawomir

Dan Gillean

Apr 22, 2021, 12:06:18 PM4/22/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Slawomir,

I think I've found the source of the issue, with some help from our team. I believe that you are encountering this bug:
This issue is fixed in the latest 2.6.4 AtoM release.

If you are unable to upgrade at this time, then there are a couple of options.

First, you can try disabling the carousel in Admin > Settings > Default page elements, and see if this allows the intermediary pages to load as expected. Of course, your users will not see a carousel indicating that digital objects are available at lower levels this way, but they will still be available in search/browse results, etc.

Alternatively, because the change is minor, you could try updating the code locally in your AtoM instance. You can see the commit with the change here:
If you decide to take this approach, I strongly recommend that you make a backup of your data first, and ideally test the change in a test instance before applying it to a production environment!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

slawomir...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2021, 5:53:50 AM4/23/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

thank you very much for help.

Turning carousel off works! At this moment I can't upgrade AtoM, but it's enough for us now. After upgrade, we just turn this option on.

One more time - thank you for helping me.

Best regards
Slawomir Bienias