How to add a new icon to AtoM's main menu

aipodd...@gmail.com

May 11, 2020, 9:59:03 AM5/11/20
to AtoM Users
I've been trying to add a fifth icon to the main AtoM menu - something to the left of the plus icon (+).
I go into the Site menu list from the Admin menu and "Add new" menu with Parent -mainMenu but nothing shows up.
What am I missing here? I've tried CCing and restarting PHP etc. but to no avail.

Regards

Dave Bonde

Dan Gillean

May 11, 2020, 1:32:33 PM5/11/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, I don't think this will be possible without development - either by modifying AtoM directly, or possibly via a custom theme plugin. Manage menus module will allow you to customize existing menus, but adding a whole new icon and drop-down menu will require code changes.

I have dug up the commit that includes the first time the Clipboard was added to AtoM - obviously it has a lot of additional functionality that you might not need (such as showing clickable clipboard icons throughout various AtoM search and browse pages, and including a count of pinned items), but if you are interested in exploring the development option further, it might give you a sense of some of the files that were modified to add it to the header:
You can see where various components are added to the AtoM header bar in this file:
Beyond that, I will have to pull in a developer to assist in responding, so let me know if you are going to explore development further and if so, how we can help!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

aiPod Drifters

May 13, 2020, 11:05:34 AM5/13/20
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you so much for your response, it's really appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZ%2Buow6HNxvAnJB7vGpvGK4zg%2Bs_3qNkx6_UGeJt2L7xkA%40mail.gmail.com.