Encountered error while running convert (ImageMagick)

Khairunnisah

Sep 4, 2022, 3:30:11 AM9/4/22
to AtoM Users
I try to import XML but getting error  "arFileImportJob": Encountered error while running convert (ImageMagick).
What should I do to solve this?

Dan Gillean

Sep 6, 2022, 8:51:26 AM9/6/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

We could use more information to be able to help. For example:
  • What is the full AtoM installation version number shown in Admin > Settings?
  • Did you follow our recommended installation instructions for your version, or have you made changes? If you've made changes, tell us more about what you've done differently
  • What type of XML are you trying to import - EAD 2002, MODS, or DC?
  • Are you attempting the XML import via the command-line or via the user interface?
  • What output do you get from the following commands?
    • convert -version
    • gs -version
  • What is the digital object file type that your XML file is referencing, which AtoM is trying to import? This will probably be found in your XML file in a <dao> element
  • Is the digital object publicly accessible on the web? Does the path in your XML file end in a file extension?
  • Is there any additional information about this error available in the webserver error logs?
Hopefully with more information we can provide further suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Sun, Sep 4, 2022 at 3:30 AM Khairunnisah <anrikhai...@gmail.com> wrote:
I try to import XML but getting error  "arFileImportJob": Encountered error while running convert (ImageMagick).
What should I do to solve this?

Khairunnisah

Sep 13, 2022, 11:07:47 AM9/13/22
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Turns out the error is not caused by application but the file name. The file name contains special characters such as */^-  and so on. When I change the file name, it can be imported successfully.
Anyway, thank you so much for the help.