"Creator of" limits on Authority records page

jason....@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 12:18:48 PM7/19/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

I am supporting an AtoM 2 installation and a question has come up regarding the Authority record page that is confusing my users and I can't find specific documentation on.  It appears that the Authority Record page will only show a maximum of 10 records that the authority is linked to (via creator of in our case) in the left sidebar.  Is this expected behavior?  If so, are there any plans to expand this list to show all records associated to the Authority record in the future? Also is this behaviour documented anywhere ( I couldn't seem to find it anywhere)?

Thanks!
Jason

Dan Gillean

Jul 19, 2016, 1:19:21 PM7/19/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jason,

The number of related records shown in the context menu sidebar on the authority record page is tied into the Global results per page setting, in Admin > Settings > Global:

I think you're right in pointing out that this is not clearly documented at the moment - I can try to add a note in the near future.

Fortunately, there are plans in the work to improve this in the 2.4 release - we'll be adding a pager to the different entities to allow all results to be explored, and an option to view related descriptions in a search/browse page. Here's the related issue ticket:

There are a couple of screenshots from our internal testing on the issue ticket - here's one that shows the browse llinks and the pager:

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

jason....@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 1:34:27 PM7/19/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thanks Dan, that's very helpful.  The upcoming changes look like a good improvement!

Cheers.
Jason