Elasticsearch Down

alcaraz....@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2019, 3:08:45 PM3/13/19
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I'm trying to create a test enveiroment on a VM. I'm using Oracle VM, Debian 9.8, Apache 2.4, MariaDB 10.1, Atom 2.1 and elasticsearch 6.6.1. It work fine, i can access to my site on my local machine, the problem is when i try to use the command "php symfony tools:upgrade-sql" throw the next message "Couldn't connect to host, Elasticsearch Down?". Elasticsearch services status is OK, but, after execute the command "php symfony tools:upgrade-sql" the service turn to failed.

mar 13 15:56:04 TestAtom systemd[1]: Started Elasticsearch.

mar 13 15:56:29 TestAtom systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

mar 13 15:56:29 TestAtom systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Unit entered failed state.

mar 13 15:56:29 TestAtom systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Dan Gillean

Mar 13, 2019, 3:42:27 PM3/13/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

My guess is that it is the Elasticsearch version that is causing issues. In version 2.4.1 and earlier, we are using ES version 1.7. In the upcoming 2.5 release, we have upgraded to ES 5.6. At this time, we have not tested AtoM with ES 6 or later. Elastic seems to have a "move fast and break things" mentality and has been consistently introducing breaking changes into major releases, which has made it difficult for us to keep up when library upgrades are rarely sponsored by our community.

I'm also willing to bet that the version of MariaDB you are trying to use will also cause issues. I don't know what MySQL release that is equivalent to, but there are some known issues with MySQL 5.7 and higher, which we hope to address for the 2.5 release. I would suggest downgrading both the database and the ES version.

Please be sure to review the installation documentation carefully for the version you are trying to install - even if you are using a different O/S, it's important to review the steps, check dependencies, etc. The AtoM 2.1 installation documentation can be found here. I would also strongly suggest that you install AtoM 2.4.1 over version 2.1 - there have been hundreds of bug fixes and dozens of new features introduced since the 2.1 release!

Finally, please note that we do not test or develop with Debian and Apache, nor do we maintain installation documentation using these. If you do run into ongoing issues, you can view all posts in the forum tagged "Debian" here, and all those tagged "Apache" here - you might find useful tips from other community users.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

alcaraz....@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2019, 1:46:06 PM3/18/19
to AtoM Users
I downgrade Elasticsearch to 1.7 version and it worked. Now I will try to update Atom.

Thank you.