Accession numbers

archives.has...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 3:04:44 PM12/6/17
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone

Since the upgrade of our hosted instance of AtoM to 2.4.1, we're finding that the number in the accession counter is not automatically updating, so that when we add a new accession, the number assigned is one that has already been allocated. We have 'yes' as the value for 'Accession mask enabled' - is there something else that I'm missing?

Amanda

Community Archives of Belleville and Hastings County
Belleville, Ontario

archives.has...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 3:07:06 PM12/6/17
to AtoM Users
Oops, I mean 2.4.0, of course. Getting ahead of myself...

Dan Gillean

Dec 6, 2017, 4:19:05 PM12/6/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately, it looks like you've encountered a bug we've discovered in 2.4.0. I have an issue ticket filed here:
We are looking at preparing a 2.4.1 bug fix release in the near future, and I already have this issue on our internal list of bugs we hope to tackle for it. In the meantime, our apologies for the inconvenience!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

rossi.de...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2018, 12:08:29 PM1/1/18
to AtoM Users
Hello Dan,

I've noticed  the same problem.
At the moment, I am creating  the accessions numbers manually, and very carefully to avoid mistakes.
I look forward to hearing that the bug has been fixed.

Kind regards
Luisa
(Family archives Rossi del Paolino, Switzerland)