Errors occurring

已查看 35 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Samantha Levin

未读,
2021年4月22日 17:32:442021/4/22
收件人 AtoM Users
Hey all,

Our instance of AtoM has been acting up lately. Not sure what kicked these issues off. There are two things I'm seeing, which I think are related:

1. Errors are popping up when I update records. I'm not sure what this means, or why it's happening: "index: /atom_fitnyc/QubitInformationObject/71547 caused mapping set to strict, dynamic introduction of [startDateSort] within [QubitInformationObject] is not allowed"

2. I've been cleaning up our taxonomies (removing dupes, moving places from the Name Authority to the Places taxonomy, etc..), but various areas of AtoM are not updating to reflect those changes. For example, I deleted a duplicate Name Auth record Museum of the City of New York, but it still shows up on the main Name Authority list. Clicking on it returns a "Page not Found" page. https://atom-sparc.fitnyc.edu/actor/browse  There are other issues where entity relationships aren't updating.

I'm reaching out to the forum first to see if there's some easy solution to this.

Thanks for any guidance!

Dan Gillean

未读,
2021年4月23日 10:10:112021/4/23
收件人 ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Samantha,

I believe your institution has hosting through Artefactual - so please feel free to contact our support email address and our team will be happy to help you resolve these issues. I will still provide some suggestions in this thread for other users encountering similar issues - you can forward this to our support team if you'd like, to give them a place to start their investigations.

Regarding the first error: typically when I see these kinds of errors, it's because the default SQL modes in MySQL are not correct.

I would suggest checking the SQL modes set in MySQL, and disabling/removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES if it is enabled. I believe this might be enabled by default in MySQL 5.7 and later - however in the MySQL section of the AtoM installation docs we recommend setting different default SQL modes. See the bottom half of this section:

If you want to check or change the SQL modes of an installation, the following page might help:

If you're new to using the MySQL command prompt, we have basic instructions on how to access it, and how to find out your MySQL credentials if you don't know them, here:

Remember to restart MySQL after making any changes.

For the second issue, I'd typically suggest starting with some of our common maintenance tasks to see if this resolves the issue - rebuilding the nested set, clearing the application cache, restarting PHP-FPM (and Memcached if you're using it), and repopulating the search index. Odds are good, based on your description, that the update has been made in the database, but is not being reflected in the user interface for some reason. Hopefully these tasks will sort it out.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Dan Gillean

未读,
2021年4月23日 10:52:112021/4/23
收件人 ICA-AtoM Users
Hi again,

Turns out I was wrong about the first error - one of developers has told me that this is more likely an Elasticsearch error. Re-indexing should hopefully resolve the issue.

Sorry for the confusion!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager