Beda Szukics

Feb 16, 2017, 3:37:37 PM2/16/17
to AtoM Users
Hi

I tried to upgrade from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 following the steps on https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.3/admin-manual/installation/upgrading/

When I tried

   php symfony tools:upgrade-sql

I got

   Database "propel" does not exist.

I then followed the instructions in

   https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ica-atom-users/Cii7aUUSs-g

after that I had to reload the database. Then I could go on with upgrading the database, rebuild the search index, clear the cache. Now it works.

But I am a little bit confused. Is this normal? Has somebody else had the same problem?

My system: An actual debian stable, apache is my webserver.

Greetings                Beda

Dan Gillean

Feb 16, 2017, 5:59:38 PM2/16/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Beda,

Thank you for searching in the forum before posting - I'm glad to see that you were able to find a solution that helped you move past this issue! Thank you as well for letting us know a bit more information about your system.

I see that both you and the other user had non-standard installation environments, so it makes it difficult for us to determine - and I wonder if this might be part of the issue. So far we at Artefactual have not encountered this issue with Ubuntu and Nginx.

One question - are you creating a brand new database in the new 2.3.1 installation, before loading your sql-dump? This is an important first step - essentially, you have to follow the installation instructions as if you are installing a brand new AtoM instance for the first time. My only theories at present are that either some dependency is missing on your particular installation environment, and/or some step of the upgrade process was not fully completed.

This is a long way of saying: yes, this is not normal, and no, at the moment, we don't know why it's happening! But I'm really glad to hear that you were able to work around it :)

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Beda Szukics

Feb 17, 2017, 3:17:56 AM2/17/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan

Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2017 23:59:38 UTC+1 schrieb Dan Gillean:
I see that both you and the other user had non-standard installation environments, so it makes it difficult for us to determine - and I wonder if this might be part of the issue. So far we at Artefactual have not encountered this issue with Ubuntu and Nginx.

I would like to use debian and apache as the environment for using AtoM too (because I have other things on my server like my library management system witch recommends (or even requires) apache.

One question - are you creating a brand new database in the new 2.3.1 installation, before loading your sql-dump? This is an important first step - essentially, you have to follow the installation instructions as if you are installing a brand new AtoM instance for the first time. My only theories at present are that either some dependency is missing on your particular installation environment, and/or some step of the upgrade process was not fully completed.

I drop and recreate the database according to the instructions with

mysql -u username -p -e 'drop database new_database; create database
new_database character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci;'

After doing the steps mentioned in the post of Jesús García Crespo I loaded my dump.

From there on I did the other steps and had a working install.

I had an other issue

rsync -av /var/www/icaatom_old/uploads /usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads

creates /usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads/uploads and the pictures are not found. Shouldn't it be

  rsync -av /var/www/icaatom_old/uploads /usr/share/nginx/atom ?

Greetings

Beda

Jesús García Crespo

Feb 17, 2017, 11:30:52 AM2/17/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beda,

You're right. I think that command stopped working when we stopped including an empty uploads/ folder in our sources.

I feel more confortable when I append the slash in my rsync SRC and DEST because it describes the desired action explicitly, e.g.:

$ rsync -av /var/www/icaatom_old/uploads/ /usr/share/nginx/atom/uploads/

What do you think? The uploads/ folder under /usr/share/nginx/atom will still be created if none exists.

Thank you for your feedback!

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056