CSV imports through AtoM front end not running

li...@orangeleaf.com

Feb 24, 2020, 9:49:26 AM2/24/20
to AtoM Users
I have been doing a large number of exports followed by csv imports as a way to update data in a few fields for lots of records.

After having done a number of these the imports fail, AtoM appears to do the import but actually nothing has been updated, also the import takes milliseconds rather than the minute or so that I expect.  No error message is shown.

The problem can resolved by restarting the server but then happens again after another batch of exports and imports.

Is this a known problem?  Is there something that can be changed in our configuration of AtoM to stop this happening?  Is there an alternative way to resolve the problem rather than restarting the server?

Dan Gillean

Feb 24, 2020, 11:08:23 AM2/24/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Linda,

What version of AtoM are you using? Was this a fresh install, or an upgrade from an older version? Have you followed our recommended installation instructions? If yes, are you using Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04? If no, what changes have you made?

Are there any relevant messages that show up in the Nginx error logs? You can also check the atom-worker logs with the following:
  • sudo journalctl -f -u atom-worker
In the 2.5 release, we changed the default job scheduler atom-worker configuration block. This should make it more persistent, but also changes the behavior. So, a couple things to note about this. First, if you've upgraded from an older version, make sure that your atom-worker config file looks like this now:
Second, note that while the job scheduler shouldn't die as much, if you restart it more than 3 times in 24 hours, then you will need to manually reset the restart limit. You can do this like so:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl start atom-worker
Does the import work if you try running it from the command-line instead?

Any further information you can provide will help us provide better suggestions on next steps.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

li...@orangeleaf.com

Feb 24, 2020, 12:17:04 PM2/24/20
to AtoM Users
It looks like we are using 2.5.2 - 172 and it isn't a new install as such, been running with it for 3 or 4 months now.  Everything else I will have to ask our Techie - he is on holiday for a couple of weeks.

Was interested if anyone else has seen this issue but perhaps most users don't do large scale export / imports to fix data issues!

Dan Gillean

Feb 26, 2020, 3:11:46 PM2/26/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Linda,

Well, at least the database schema looks correct for the version you have installed, which helps us rule out one cause.

Based on a recent similar issue with a hosted client, I strongly suspect that you'll just need to restart the job scheduler to resolve this.
  • sudo systemctl restart atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl status atom-worker to confirm it is running as expected.
However, following up on my previous advice will be useful for making sure this isn't required too often!

I would also recommend checking the jobs page to see if you have any queued jobs that are stuck. Earlier today, I posted a couple options on how you can clear these in the following thread:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.