Removal of index.php from urls

Sir Luigi

Sep 27, 2021, 5:50:30 AM9/27/21
to AtoM Users
Hello.

I am upgrading my server from 2.2.1 to the latest stable version, version 2.6.4,

I have managed to update it by importing all the data and I would like to be able to remove from the url the path /index.php/... that appears in all the accesses.

Is this possible? I have been able to check that the Atom demo site is like this, no url appears with the call to index.php.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Gillean

Sep 27, 2021, 9:46:25 AM9/27/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

I found an older post in the user forum that should help. See:

Sir Luigi

Sep 28, 2021, 4:14:15 AM9/28/21
to AtoM Users
Hello.

Great, I was looking through the posts but couldn't find anything like this.

I have tried the solution and it is indeed solved.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Regards.

Stephen Harding

Jan 19, 2022, 9:30:18 AM1/19/22
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Similarly to Sir Luigi I followed the instructions in the older post here, however sadly it did not work for me.

I followed all of the instructions in the post. I updated /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/config/settings.yml and also the necessary cache clearing and service restart.

I'm using the configuration as recommended in the installation manual with regards to the Nginx setup.

Is there anything you can suggest?

Many thanks
Stephen

Dan Gillean

Jan 19, 2022, 1:36:32 PM1/19/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Stephen,

I've checked in with the developer who provided the suggestion on the original linked thread, and unfortunately, the two of us can't think of many other reasons why this shouldn't work as described.

A couple quick checks:
  • I've added more detail to the "Managing configuration files" documentation in the 2.7 docs, including a bit at the beginning about how cascading config files work in Symfony. You might want to do a grep / file search locally and ensure that you don't have another settings.yml file that is overriding the one found at apps/qubit/config
  • Make sure you are editing the file with a .yml file extension, not .yml.tmpl. The tmpl files are stored in AtoM's code as defaults, and should be copied into your system during installation
  • You could try reloading your webserver as well - if using Nginx, try: sudo systemctl reload nginx
  • If you have memcached or any additional caching engines installed, be sure to restart those as well. E.g. sudo systemctl restart memcached
  • Try clearing your web browser cache and/or testing from an incognito web browser (where the cache is typically disabled by default), to ensure that you're seeing the latest version of the pages and not cached versions when browsing
Let us know if any of that helps?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Stephen Harding

Feb 22, 2022, 6:16:50 AM2/22/22
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Thank you as always, and apologies for the delay in my update.

We've been doing some server routine server patching which required a restart and after this I noticed that the URLs were no longer including the index.php, yay! I was able to undo and redo this change in settings.yml (to verify it was the correct file). I tried reloading the webserver and restarting memcached but this didn't appear to take affect until after a server reboot again. So the reboot must have kicked the change into place. I'm also re-running the search index just to ensure everything's pointing to the correct URL.

Cheers
Stephen