How to restart a failed DIP Upload from Archivematica?

arth...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2022, 9:06:09 AM10/24/22
to AtoM Users
Hello everyone,
unfortunately we performed a series of ingests from Archivematica 1.13.2 and the corresponding Uploads To Atom 2.6 were not completed because the atom-worker service was in an error state.
At this moment the DIPs that should have been loaded in AtoM are located in the "SWORD deposit directory" of Atom (/ tmp) (besides being present in the Archivematica DIP Store).
I wonder if there is a way to reload the DIPs in Atom once the "atom-worker" service is restarted; maybe with some symfony command that I can't find?
I know that from the AtoM console it is possible to use the symfony import: dip-objects command, but from what I understand it works only in the presence of a specially prepared CSV file and does not manage the native Archivematica DIPs (i.e. creating the slugs corresponding to the objects in cascade with respect to the root slag declared in the Ingest).
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

AT

PS I will try to post this same request also in the group dedicated to Archivematics and, if useful, I will align the answers.

Dan Gillean

Oct 24, 2022, 10:30:52 AM10/24/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arthy,

I see that you've found the import:dip-objects command. That was really the only suggestion I had. To clarify theCLI task requirements and behaviors:

If, as in the example shown in the documentation, you provide the same target slug value for every DIP object in the CSV you create, then the upload behavior of the CLI task will be identical to a basic DIP upload from Archivematica - all objects will be attached to new stub descriptions as children of the target description, and their slugs and description names will come from the object. The CSV merely gives you an option to send different DIP objects to different descriptions, something only possible in Archivematica if you are using the Appraisal tab for arrangement.

However, if you don't want to manually create the CSV or the task behavior won't meet your needs, then my best suggestion would be to use Archivematica's Partial re-ingest to generate a new DIP and upload it to AtoM that way.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

arth...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2022, 6:02:07 AM10/26/22
to AtoM Users
Thanks Dan for your quick reply.
From what I understand, there is no way to also upload to AtoM the dc metadata associated with each file (what you call "DIP object", if I'm not mistaken), as the csv file contains only the filename and slug.
If so, the only option is the reingest, as you suggest.
It's correct?

Dan Gillean

Oct 27, 2022, 8:20:39 AM10/27/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arthy,

I'm actually not sure - it's been a while since I've used this particular task, and at the moment I don't have a good environment to test it for you. I think you'd have to test it out and let us know. AtoM does have the ability to read the DC metadata written to a METS file - I'm not sure if this CLI task will do that or not (in which case, yes - reingest would be your best bet), but it might!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056