Upgrading from ica-atom to atom 2.3.1

Dominic Boisvert

Mar 9, 2017, 12:00:14 PM3/9/17
to AtoM Users
Hi All,

I'm upgrading an old ica-atom installation to atom 2.3.1.

I've followed theses upgrading instructions[1] and everything went well up to "sudo php symfony search:populate". I then get this error message "Couldn't find actor (id:'.51790.')". The 51790 actor exist in the database, I can find it with phpmyadmin. Is there a workaround for this ?

This install is on Debian Jessie with Apache and I cannot (for now) install the percona-server (seems I'm not making this simple for myself).

Thanks,
Dominic

Dan Gillean

Mar 9, 2017, 5:06:53 PM3/9/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dominic,

If you can use PHPMyAdmin, are you able to inspect the actor record and ensure that there are no blank rows that should be populated? Sometimes this happens when data is corrupted - for example if a long-running operation times out in the browser, leaving the data only partially complete.

One way this manifests is that the slug will be missing. If this is the case, you can try running the generate slugs task to see if it resolves the issue - see:

Let us know if that helps.

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Dominic Boisvert

Mar 10, 2017, 9:00:39 AM3/10/17
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

The rows seem complete and running the generate slugs task didn't solve our problem.

We decided that deleting the four entries in actors that caused problem in our migration was acceptable to us.

We are now running atom 2.3.1.

Thanks,
Dominic (for the Société d'histoire et de généalogie de Victoriaville)

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Dominic Boisvert <boisvert...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm upgrading an old ica-atom installation to atom 2.3.1.

I've followed theses upgrading instructions[1] and everything went well up to "sudo php symfony search:populate". I then get this error message "Couldn't find actor (id:'.51790.')". The 51790 actor exist in the database, I can find it with phpmyadmin. Is there a workaround for this ?

This install is on Debian Jessie with Apache and I cannot (for now) install the percona-server (seems I'm not making this simple for myself).

Thanks,
Dominic

Dan Gillean

Mar 13, 2017, 4:58:23 PM3/13/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Dominic,

Sorry to hear the suggestion didn't work, but I'm glad you have found an acceptable workaround for now. Thank you for letting us know.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.