IBrowse 2.5.4 + AmiSSL 4.9 Released

Oliver Roberts

Apr 2, 2021, 11:49:50 AM4/2/21
to ibrowse-users
Happy Easter everybody! IBrowse 2.5.4 is now available for download from www.ibrowse-dev.net (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate instead). This is mainly a maintenance release with refinements and improvements to new features introduced in IBrowse 2.5. Some development work has also been done on HTML <iframe> support (which Stefan started during IBrowse 2.4 development), but this remains disabled in public releases until it is deemed stable. We hope to have addressed all of the issues raised since the release of IBrowse 2.5.3 last year:
  • Fixed crash when modifying strings in the spoof settings, which occurred with older MUI versions
  • Tweaked default fastlink URLs, whilst adding EAB.abime.net
  • 68k: Fixed drawer icon inheritance setting
  • Removed call to deprecated MUI_Error() function
  • Completely abandoned bidirectional SSL shutdowns due to some servers being broken and not replying properly, which caused HTTPS connections to hang and never complete
  • Updated Polish language catalog
  • OS4: Fixed AmiUpdate not updating the Norwegian catalog
  • Updated PNG decoder using libpng 1.6.37
  • Fixed possible reference to freed memory for secure pages when updating the status bar
  • Detect incomplete gzip encoded downloads, flagging them as an error and allowing the auto resume feature to handle them too
  • Added handling of marginwidth, marginheight, border and scrolling attributes for <iframe> elements
  • Fixed broken JavaScript in iframes, due to wrong (parent) context being used
  • Skip alternative content for iframes when iframes enabled
  • Fixed crash when freeing pages with nested iframes
  • Image links and maps now default to showing no border
  • Border now rendered for non-linked image elements when specified
  • 68k: Downgraded locale.library requirement from V39 to V38, for Workbench 3.0 compatibility
  • Fixed crash that would happen should locale.library fail to open
  • Fixed case where HTTPS connections did not finish loading due to some servers not responding to an SSL shutdown, when the disk cache was disabled
This is the fourth free update for registered users of IBrowse 2.5. IBrowse 2.4 and 1.x users may upgrade to IBrowse 2.5.4 via our store at discounted rates.

AmiSSL 4.9 has also been released today and can also be obtained via the IBrowse download page, AmiUpdate on OS4 or from Aminet soon. AmiSSL has been updated to use the latest OpenSSL 1.1.1k, released last week, which brings security and bug fixes. See the full list of AmiSSL 4.9 changes at https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/releases/4.9. AmiSSL 4.9 is fully backwards compatible with most existing applications that use AmiSSL v4, including IBrowse.

--
 Oliver Roberts  /  @Futaura  /  www.futaura.co.uk

wurzel

Apr 2, 2021, 12:37:05 PM4/2/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 16:49:34 +0100, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

> *Happy Easter everybody!* IBrowse 2.5.4 is now available for download from
> www.ibrowse-dev.net (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate instead). This is mainly a
> maintenance release with refinements and improvements to new features
> introduced in IBrowse 2.5. Some development work has also been done on HTML
> <iframe> support (which Stefan started during IBrowse 2.4 development), but
> this remains disabled in public releases until it is deemed stable. We hope
> to have addressed all of the issues raised since the release of IBrowse
> 2.5.3 last year:

> AmiSSL 4.9 has also been released today and can also be obtained via the
> IBrowse download page, AmiUpdate on OS4 or from Aminet soon. AmiSSL has
> been updated to use the latest OpenSSL 1.1.1k, released last week, which
> brings security and bug fixes. See the full list of AmiSSL 4.9 changes at
> https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/releases/4.9. AmiSSL 4.9 is fully
> backwards compatible with most existing applications that use AmiSSL v4,
> including IBrowse.

Thank you for both of these, downloaded and running both now.

Seems a fraction quicker :)

Bye for now,
--

Let's say the docs present a simplified view of reality...
-- Larry Wall

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Voodoo5, Spider USB, IDE 2Gb & 40Gb drives, CDRW

weather: Partly Cloudy : 10.00 C, 50.00 F
Winds : Variable 20.71 MPH, 33.33 KPH, 18.00 Knots
Jersey Airport (EGJJ), United Kingdom

Albrecht Kinzkofer

Apr 2, 2021, 1:27:37 PM4/2/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Oliver, and happy Easter to you, too!  :-)

Gesendet: Freitag, 02. April 2021 um 17:49 Uhr
Von: "'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users" <ibrows...@googlegroups.com>
An: "ibrowse-users" <ibrows...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: [ibrowse] IBrowse 2.5.4 + AmiSSL 4.9 Released
Message has been deleted

Javier de las Rivas

Apr 2, 2021, 6:53:08 PM4/2/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
*** On Fri, 02 Apr 2021 16:49:34 +0100, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

> *Happy Easter everybody!* IBrowse 2.5.4 is now available for download
> from www.ibrowse-dev.net (OS4 users may use AmiUpdate instead). This is
> mainly a maintenance release with refinements and improvements to new
> features introduced in IBrowse 2.5. Some development work has also been
[...]

THX for such great pìece of software!!!

Regards
--
AOS4.1/SAM460ex/PPC460EX-1155MHZ/2048MB/RadeonRX550/SSD240GB/DVDRW :-P

Jaeson Koszarsky

Apr 2, 2021, 8:00:37 PM4/2/21
to 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
Thank you Oliver for the updates!