ibrowse with new AmigaOS 3.2

D Amiga

Jun 30, 2021, 12:20:00 PM6/30/21
to IBrowse Users
does ibrowse work in the new AmigaOS 3.2 .

Jerry Withers

Jun 30, 2021, 12:26:31 PM6/30/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Yes, absolutely it does.

:)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2021, at 12:20, D Amiga <666am...@gmail.com> wrote:

does ibrowse work in the new AmigaOS 3.2 .

wurzel

Oct 11, 2021, 11:46:01 AM10/11/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:20:00 -0700 (PDT), D Amiga wrote:

> does ibrowse work in the new AmigaOS 3.2 .

Yes, I have installed OS3.2 this week, IBrowse is fine.

However, during the updates of everything, I seem to have somehow lost the tabbed windows in the Download Manager window. I just get a single window, split into 4 fields.

Anyone know what setting in IB or more likely, MUI 5 is likely to cause that?

Bye for now,
--

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-- Mark Twain

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Radeon, Spider USB, IDE 128Gb drive, CDRW

weather:
Partly Cloudy : 16.00 C, 60.80 F
Winds : Variable 10.36 MPH, 16.67 KPH, 9.00 Knots
Jersey Airport (EGJJ), United Kingdom

Oliver Roberts

Nov 7, 2021, 7:13:02 AM11/7/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On 11/10/2021, wurzel <wur...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:20:00 -0700 (PDT), D Amiga wrote:
>
>> does ibrowse work in the new AmigaOS 3.2 .
>
> Yes, I have installed OS3.2 this week, IBrowse is fine.

I can personally confirm this too, having recently installed 3.2, although
beta testers already confirmed this before me :)

> However, during the updates of everything, I seem to have somehow lost the
> tabbed windows in the Download Manager window. I just get a single window,
> split into 4 fields.
>
> Anyone know what setting in IB or more likely, MUI 5 is likely to cause
> that?

Did you get this sorted? I would guess it is an issue with the NList
classes, which is what the download manager uses. Have you installed the
latest versions from:
https://github.com/amiga-mui/nlist/releases/download/0.128/MCC_NList-0.128.lha

--
Oliver Roberts / @Futaura / www.futaura.co.uk

wurzel

Nov 8, 2021, 11:34:04 AM11/8/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Oliver, I didn't know about this. However, I have now updated but still have this problem - in YAM too, though not sure if there's still a mailing list for that.

Bye for now,
--

HoW To KeEp A hEaLtHy LeVeL Of InSaNiTy AnD dRiVe OtHeR PeOpLe iNsAnE...
Reply to everything someone says with, "That's what you think."

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Radeon, Spider USB, IDE 128Gb drive, CDRW

weather:
Partly Cloudy : 15.00 C, 59.00 F
Winds : Variable 2.30 MPH, 3.70 KPH, 2.00 Knots

wurzel

Nov 8, 2021, 11:40:03 AM11/8/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 07 Nov 2021 12:12:59 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users wrote:

Sorry, have just replied but thought it might be a good idea to send a screenshot, so you can see what I mean.

Bye for now,
--

Don't hit a man when he's down - kick him; it's easier.

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Radeon, Spider USB, IDE 128Gb drive, CDRW

weather:
Partly Cloudy : 15.00 C, 59.00 F
Winds : Variable 2.30 MPH, 3.70 KPH, 2.00 Knots
pic01.jpg

Oliver Roberts

Nov 8, 2021, 3:48:02 PM11/8/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On 08/11/2021, wurzel <wur...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Nov 2021 12:12:59 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2021, wurzel <wur...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 09:20:00 -0700 (PDT), D Amiga wrote:
>>>
>>> However, during the updates of everything, I seem to have somehow lost
>>> the
>>> tabbed windows in the Download Manager window. I just get a single
>>> window,
>>> split into 4 fields.
>>>
>>> Anyone know what setting in IB or more likely, MUI 5 is likely to cause
>>> that?
>
>> Did you get this sorted? I would guess it is an issue with the NList
>> classes, which is what the download manager uses. Have you installed the
>> latest versions from:
>> https://github.com/amiga-mui/nlist/releases/download/0.128/MCC_NList-0.128.lha
>
> Sorry, have just replied but thought it might be a good idea to send a
> screenshot, so you can see what I mean.

That was going to be my next question :) That looks a bit bizarre - its
as if the page groups didn't register (especially as the tabs don't show)
and MUI is showing all the pages at once.

I've just now tried with the latest MUI 5.0 release (not the experimental
nightly builds):

https://github.com/amiga-mui/muidev/releases/download/MUI-5.0-20210831/MUI-5.0-20210831-os3.lha
https://github.com/amiga-mui/muidev/releases/download/MUI-5.0-20210831/MUI-5.0-20210831-os3-contrib.lha

The pages and tabs render fine here on OS3.2 and my pre-OS3.2 boot also.
I think it must be MUI, but not sure why :(

wurzel

Nov 10, 2021, 11:24:59 AM11/10/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I have downloaded and installed that but the problem persists.

However, I think you have confirmed that it is MUI so something must have changed in my Global prefs file. I'll try experimenting.

Off topic, but YAM connects to mailservers in mere seconds nowadays, so if that's improvements in AmiSSL, then it's brilliant!

Thanks for your help Oliver.

Bye for now,
--

He who dies with the most TAGLINES wins!

Russell Butler
wur...@hotmail.co.uk Member, Team AMIGA The Amiga lives on!
Past President, Jersey Junior Chamber (JCI)

A1200 Power Tower, Blizzard 50mhz 060 with SCSI & 256mb RAM
Mediator TX1200, Fast Ethernet, Soundblaster, 196mb RAM,
64mb Radeon, Spider USB, IDE 128Gb drive, CDRW

weather:
Mostly Cloudy : 12.00 C, 53.60 F
Winds : South 5.75 MPH, 9.25 KPH, 5.00 Knots

Oliver Roberts

Nov 10, 2021, 1:20:37 PM11/10/21
to ibrows...@googlegroups.com
On 10/11/2021, wurzel <wur...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2021 20:47:59 +0000, 'Oliver Roberts' via IBrowse Users
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, have just replied but thought it might be a good idea to send a
>>> screenshot, so you can see what I mean.
>
>> That was going to be my next question :) That looks a bit bizarre - its
>> as if the page groups didn't register (especially as the tabs don't show)
>> and MUI is showing all the pages at once.
>
>> I've just now tried with the latest MUI 5.0 release (not the experimental
>> nightly builds):
>
>> https://github.com/amiga-mui/muidev/releases/download/MUI-5.0-20210831/MUI-5.0-20210831-os3.lha
>> https://github.com/amiga-mui/muidev/releases/download/MUI-5.0-20210831/MUI-5.0-20210831-os3-contrib.lha
>
>> The pages and tabs render fine here on OS3.2 and my pre-OS3.2 boot also.
>> I think it must be MUI, but not sure why :(
>
> Thanks, I have downloaded and installed that but the problem persists.
>
> However, I think you have confirmed that it is MUI so something must have
> changed in my Global prefs file. I'll try experimenting.

Maybe, although I couldn't seem to find any settings that would change the
layout like this. It might be worth checking SnoopDos too, to see if MUI
fails to open something important.

Let me know if you don't get anywhere and I'll ask Thore to see if he has
any ideas.

> Off topic, but YAM connects to mailservers in mere seconds nowadays, so if
> that's improvements in AmiSSL, then it's brilliant!

Yep, probably one of the improvements in AmiSSL 4.11 is responsible there -
a delay was removed that shouldn't have been there. It probably wasn't as
noticeable in IBrowse as it would have happened only on the first
connection during each session, but maybe YAM does the init for every
connection. It's a long story, but it is actually my fault that this delay
got introduced in AmiSSL v3, so I'm glad to have fixed my error after all
this time!

Oliver Roberts

Nov 10, 2021, 1:20:38 PM11/10/21