Missing Video Links at IBM1130.org

Richard Stofer

Jul 3, 2019, 10:22:05 AM7/3/19
to IBM1130
On http://ibm1130.org/party/v06/ there is a description of the various videos of the presentations, including mine.  Today all I see is a link to install the Flash Player and no link to the actual video.  I was thinking it might be nice to show these presentations to my grandson now that he's older.

Anybody have links or copies or copies of the videos?

Robert Loudan's presentation is also of interest.  He wrote the book on 1130 programming.  Well, technically, there were others but I have had copies of his book since around 1970.

Dave Wade

Jul 3, 2019, 1:52:42 PM7/3/19
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Ricahrd,

The videos appear to be there. So yours is at :-

http://media.ibm1130.org/video/party06stofer_conv.flv

but they don’t seem to play in any browser. I assume its an issue with Flash enablement and the Java script, but oddly the versions in the internet archive work…

… at least with a recent Firefox for windows with Flash loaded and enabled….

Dave

richard...@comcast.net

Jul 3, 2019, 2:41:13 PM7/3/19
to ibm...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for that!  I have the files.  Clearly I must have missed something…

The .flv files play with Power Media Player that came with my HP laptop while the .mov versions will play with Windows Media Player (at least under Win 10).  These .mov files are in the same directory as the .flv files

I didn’t try to play them in a browser.  I don’t imagine I will be keeping the Flash player installation.

Again, thanks!

Eddy Quicksall

Jul 3, 2019, 2:43:10 PM7/3/19
to ibm...@googlegroups.com