Experimental feature announcement: dynamic counter assignment

Alex Drummond

Jun 6, 2021, 1:04:08 PM6/6/21
to ibexexperiments
Hello Ibex users,

I've deployed a new feature (on the new Ibex Farm) designed to help with automatically balancing participants between conditions in experiments with latin square designs.

I consider the feature to be experimental at this stage, but some members of the group might want to give it a try.

There's more information in the 'Dynamic counter assignment' section at the end of the following gist. https://gist.github.com/addrummond/b345d3d4f23436838e52afbe880ebbd9#dynamic-counter-assignment

Best,
Alex

Jeremy Zehr

Jun 8, 2021, 10:35:47 AM6/8/21
to ibexexperiments
Thank you Alex!
I pondered over this for a while, but I hadn't thought of pinging current participants and assigning completion probabilities, I like how you implemented this!
If you don't mind, maybe I'll steal your idea and implement it on the PCIbex Farm too at some point ;)

Jeremy

Alex Drummond

Jun 9, 2021, 5:53:34 AM6/9/21
to ibexexperiments
>If you don't mind, maybe I'll steal your idea and implement it on the PCIbex Farm too at some point ;)

Sure. It would be interesting to get some practical experience with
different approaches to this problem.

Alex