County checklists

drbeel

Apr 29, 2018, 9:22:30 PM4/29/18
to Iowabirds
Birders

In the past two weeks, four determined Iowans have added several species to the Davis County checklist as catalogued on the IOU website.  That leaves only 5 Iowa counties below 200 total species (or the Mendoza Line, in baseball parlance).

These rapscallions are:
Adair
Shelby
Clarke
Cass
Monroe

Spring migration is upon us, making this an ideal time for all those birders in Orient, Irwin, Murray, Griswold and Lovilia to canvas their home turf and elevate their county lists into the realm of respectability.

Sincerely,
Bill Scheible
Cedar Rapids

Danny Akers

Apr 29, 2018, 10:55:29 PM4/29/18
to Iowabirds
Having worked in or near three of these counties in the past couple years, I plugged a few holes in the county checklist platform for giggles.

I was pleasantly surprised to move all three above the 200 threshold; Adair from 182 to 201, Shelby from 193 to 206 and Cass from 199 to 206.

Clarke and Monroe are on their own.

Danny Akers
Ames

Apr 30, 2018, 12:02:03 AM4/30/18
to ia-...@googlegroups.com
I updated Clarke (now 210) and Monroe (now 200) counties.  I hope these reach Bill's level of respectability now.

Good birding...

Jay Gilliam
Norwalk