Poweshiek co birds

Bob & Connie

Feb 20, 2019, 8:39:53 PM2/20/19
to iowa bird listing
This morning had 67 morning doves under feeders, have had 3 red-headed woodpeckers all at once so must be a family group.  Had a report of 40-50 turkeys on neighbors land, I’ll have to check that out.   Bob Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Feb 24, 2019, 7:44:52 AM2/24/19
to iowa bird listing
Saturday we had our first purple finch and pine siskin show up along with our regulars.  Still have 3 white-throated sp. , lots of morning doves, 1 collared dove, 3 red-headed woodpeckers, 6 female pheasants along lane, 3 roosters, but the local kestral has moved on due to snow cover.   Bob Van Ersvelde    Grinnell