WDM MIKI

Joy Harvey

Jul 4, 2020, 11:27:34 PM7/4/20
to ia-...@googlegroups.com, on behalf of Roy Adolphson

After 6 or 7 tries in the past couple of weeks, I finally saw two Mississippi Kites at around 4 p.m., perched in some dead branches in a tall tree behind Fairmeadows Retirement Village north of Vine St. near 27th in West Des Moines.  They were best viewed from Fairlawn Dr., which lies just north of the complex.  The tree in question is directly south of the residence at 2600 Fairlawn Dr.  One of the MIKIs had a banded tail, but otherwise seemed to have grayish adult plumage.

Roy Adolphson

Polk County (DSM)

Orin K3

Jul 5, 2020, 6:16:00 AM7/5/20
to Joy Harvey, Iowa Bird, on behalf of Roy Adolphson
Hi, Joy H.  So pleased you were able to see these wonderful M. kites.  We had about 14 years of a fine family here in Rockford until 3 years ago.  We were very saddened to have apparently lost them.

   I hope yours continue to return.

As Ever, Orin in Boone County, IL

0507181736.jpg