Poweshiek co birds

Bob & Connie

Dec 28, 2017, 8:14:15 AM12/28/17
to iowa bird listing
Wednesday had 1 harrier hunting our prairie and another 1 north of Grinnell, and a sharpie eating a mouse on a fencepost along our lane.   Robert Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Dec 28, 2017, 10:11:02 PM12/28/17
to iowa bird listing
Late afternoon had a Coopers come in and take a mourning dove under a feeder.  Was amazed that within 15 minutes there was 3-5 juncos as close as 4-5 ft. as the Coopers fed.  Robert Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 2, 2018, 6:22:41 PM1/2/18
to iowa bird listing
Had a white-throated sparrow show up under the feeders Sunday and saw a meadowlark on the way to work today.  Bob Van Ersvelde      Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 4, 2018, 8:14:26 AM1/4/18
to iowa bird listing
Had FOS short-eared owl fly over me 5 miles NE of Grinnell.  Bob Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 6, 2018, 7:40:37 AM1/6/18
to iowa bird listing
This week had FOS short-eared owl, several meadowlarks, and 1 white-throated sparrow, and several harriers.   Robert Van Ersvelde    Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 10, 2018, 8:17:45 PM1/10/18
to iowa bird listing

Bob & Connie

Jan 10, 2018, 8:17:57 PM1/10/18
to iowa bird listing

Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2018 7:14 AM
Subject: Poweshiek co birds

Bob & Connie

Jan 13, 2018, 8:29:10 AM1/13/18
to iowa bird listing
Have 34 mourning doves under feeder now.  Past week have seen seveeral rough-legged hawks and many kestrals.   Bob Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 17, 2018, 6:46:32 AM1/17/18
to iowa bird listing
Connie had a snowy owl flying above our north prairie on Tuesday, when I got home couldn’t locate.
Bob Van “Ersvelde    Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 18, 2018, 9:24:01 PM1/18/18
to iowa bird listing
Had first robin today, also 5 meadowlarks and 1 rough-leg north of Grinnell.  Saw a fox today, 1st in a long time.    Bob Van Ersvelde     Grinnell