Snowy Owls - Boone Co.

54 vues

Oesterreich, Wolfgang [NLAE]

non lue,
26 déc. 2017, 10:17:4226/12/2017
à Iowa Birds

Teresa Testroet, my wife Lesia, and I drove west from Ames on US-30 with hopes of seeing a Snowy Owl.  None were seen along the highway.  However, as we drove north on V Ave we found the first SNOW perched on the roof of a farmstead (#1456) barn, on the east side of the road and about 1.5 miles south of US-30.  We continued north and found the second one at 0.5-mile south of US-30.  It was perched on a fencepost (east side of road), but it soon flew to the field on the west side of the road, landing about 100 feet from the road.  This occurred between 0814 and 0835.

Wolf.

Wolfgang Oesterreich

Ames

Hank Zaletel

non lue,
26 déc. 2017, 14:51:1526/12/2017
à Oesterreich, Wolfgang [NLAE],Iowa Birds
I spent 1.5 hours searching today., 11:30-1.  No luck.

Hank Zaletel
Nevada

Eric Ollie

non lue,
26 déc. 2017, 17:54:1626/12/2017
à Oesterreich, Wolfgang [NLAE],Iowabirds
Around 4:00 I refound the Snowy Owl that was 1.5 miles south of US 30 on V Ave. It was in a cornfield about 50 feet west of the road, very close to a culvert that passes under V Ave.

I was unable to relocate the other owl.

Eric Ollie
Ames

Répondre à tous