Eagle nest collapse

shac...@windstream.net

Feb 27, 2017, 10:39:40 PM2/27/17
to bird lists
Drove by the eagle nest on the north edge of North Washington this morning, at some point since the snowstorm it fell out of the tree. Not sure if they had any eggs yet, or if an adult was injured or killed. One of the adults was perched in a nearby tree so if the other is OK there's a chance they might rebuild nearby. I was worried this one would collapse since seeing how big the nest had gotten, it was in a weaker area of the tree and already pretty large at 2 years(about 8 feet tall).

I did email DNR and let them know as well, it may or may not have already been reported to them.
Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista, IA
Chickasaw County