Poweshiek co birds

Bob & Connie

Jan 14, 2019, 8:26:34 PM1/14/19
to iowa bird listing
Over the last week have seen nice male harriers 2, 3 rough-legs, and still have 2 whitethroats and 2 redheaded woodpecker around feeders.   Bob Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Russell Benedict

Jan 16, 2019, 12:37:44 PM1/16/19
to iowa bird listing
Hello all,

       I just had a gray catbird hanging around my feeders between Knoxville and Pella.  Ain't climate change great?  I better put my hummingbird feeders back up.  Russ.

Russ Benedict
Professor of Biology
Director of Prairies For Agriculture Project
Department of Biology, Central College
812 University Street | Campus Box 09 | Pella, Iowa 50219
Over the last week have seen nice male harriers 2, 3 rough-legs, and still have 2 whitethroats and 2 redheaded woodpecker around feeders.   Bob Van Ersvelde   Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 20, 2019, 9:11:14 AM1/20/19
to iowa bird listing
With the nasty weather had abour 30 juncos and 42 mourning doves under the feeders along with rest of regulars.    Bob Van Ersvelde    Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Jan 27, 2019, 8:28:27 PM1/27/19
to iowa bird listing
All regular feeder birds, plus 2 red-headed woodpeckers, and 2 white-throats, and once again 42 mourning doves.  Last week had a rough-legged over our lane and today saw a group of 30-40 pheasants along highway 146 4 miles north of Grinnell.    Bob Van Ersvelde    Grinnell

Bob & Connie

Feb 3, 2019, 7:29:45 AM2/3/19
to iowa bird listing
Saturday had an influx of new birds.  A carolina wren at the feeders along with 2 more whitethroats.   Bob Van Ersvelde    Grinnall