Re: Mason City hybrid duck

Paul Hertzel

Apr 2, 2017, 11:21:02 PM4/2/17
to ia-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not convinced it has any Mallard or Gadwall
genes. After an internet search in support of my
Shoveler X Wigeon guess, I came across this photo
of an alleged Blue-winged Teal X Green-winged Teal photographed in Texas.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/444365@N25/discuss/72157629522125551/

There are a couple of other photos of this teal
hybrid too, and they look pretty much the same.

Paul Hertzel

At 09:40 PM 4/2/2017, you wrote:
>I'll throw out shoveler x Gadwall. There are a
>few photos of this combo online that are similar.Â
MC-hybrid.jpg

Anthony Hertzel

Apr 3, 2017, 8:44:55 AM4/3/17
to ia-...@googlegroups.com
See illustrations on plate 40 and text on page 394 of Reeber (2015).

Reeber, Sebastien. 2015. Waterfowl of North America, Europe, and Asia: An identification guide. Princeton University Press. Princeton, NJ. 656 pp.

Anthony Hertzel
axhe...@gmail.com

Ty Smedes

Apr 3, 2017, 3:32:54 PM4/3/17
to ia-...@googlegroups.com, Paul Hertzel
I think it has some Widgeon in it...

My two cents worth..

Ty Smedes

Ty Smedes Nature Photography
4732 72nd Street
Urbandale
Iowa 50322-1148

www.smedesphoto.com
phone #515-270-9086

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it" - Thomas Jefferson
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/E1cusY5-0000Ng-CP%40elasmtp-banded.atl.sa.earthlink.net.