Merlins at Glendale

Joy Harvey

Nov 15, 2020, 7:03:24 PM11/15/20
to ia-...@googlegroups.com, on behalf of Roy Adolphson

On this clear, cool & windy evening I saw 2 Merlins simultaneously at 4:40 p.m. atop spruce trees at the northern ends of Block 20 and 21 in Glendale Cemetery in DSM.  At 4:50 there was one in a spruce in Block 33-b on the far west side of the cemetery, but the tree in Block 20 was vacated.  At 5:00 I saw one in an oak tree in the middle of Block 37-i at the northern end (in sight of the Northwest Community Center).  It was subsequently strafed by another Merlin, and both flew off together.  I went back to the south, and one was still sitting in Block 20, so I’m thinking there may have been 3 altogether, a first for this fall.

Roy Adolphson

Polk County (DSM)